Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Monday, February 10, 2014

Cold Spell

Hey world!

So I am sick today, and my mind is basically a puddle, so if this email sounds super discombobulated, you know why.

This has been a really awesome week. We were able to do a lot of service and have some great lessons as well. We had transfers this week, and though Elder Wright and I made it through unscathed yet again, basically the whole rest of our district was torn right up, which really kinda sucks 'cause we were all getting really close and having a lotta fun, and then whoop! No more fun! It's no worry though, because I'll be able to see everyone at meetings and stuff!!

Anyway, we were doing a service project this week for one of the members in our area, and it had snowed HARD the night before. Like, I had never seen snow like that before and I was just freaking out like SNOW SNOW SNOW! But I'm the only Californian here and everybody thought I was just being a baby. Anyway, we went to this member's house to do our service project and there was snow everywhere and it was quite chilly. We ended up moving a bunch of stuff back and forth and whatnot, but naturally every once in a while a little snowball would be thrown between Elders, just to keep us on our toes. But before we knew it, we were all just pummeling each other with snow and it turned into this monster snowball fight between us and this family. It was so much fun! However, I wasn't really dressed for success. I had only shorts on and my hoodie's sleeves were rolled up 'cause that's just how we do it in California, and I haven't really seemed to adapt. We ended up messing around in the snow for quite a while, and I'm completely convinced that that is why I am now sick. Blegh.

Another fun story! We went to church this Sunday, and it was all just well and good, you know, like any normal Sunday. I was sitting in the pew before Sacrament Meeting started, and this guy comes up and like shoves himself into the seat beside me and I'm just thinking 'Who the heck does this guy think he is??' And I look up, and it's freaking JOHN BLATTER of San Ramon, CA! None other than my old YM leader who basically made me who I am! It was so crazy to see him and I was just so surprised I didn't even know what to think! He told me that he had just been in Pocatello to visit his brother and that he figured he might as well just swing by Wendell as well while he's at it! And boy was I happy at that! It was so great to see someone from back home who knows me for who I actually am, and not as this missionary who has to restrain all the weirdness because if he didn't then nobody would listen to him! So that was fun. Good to see ya, Blatter!

Anyway, that's about all that happened this week! It's been a good one, and again, sorry for the discombobulation! I love you all!!

Lesson Learned: Wear actual pants in the snow.

Elder Slavens


There's me in my shorts and rolled up sleeves with my head in the snow. And Elder Davis' head, which has fallen off.



 This is Raul Ortiz, like my favorite man in the world. He can't say Slavens, so he calls me Elder Sleeping Bag. Look at the beautiful drawing he made of me!



JOHN BLATTER CAME TO WENDELL TO SEE ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment