Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Monday, February 24, 2014

Oh, Is It Monday Again? Alright I Guess I'll Write Another Email.

Happy P-Day, everyone!! And isn't it a beautiful one?? It's actually very nice right now in Wendell, and I'm gonna make this email a quick one so that I can run off into the hills and enjoy my "day off"!

This has been a wonderful week with like literally no complaints at all. We've seen so much progress in our investigators and it's been such a huge blessing to see them all going somewhere. I love seeing people take steps to repentance and try to become better than they currently are. And this is really saying something, because pretty much every single person I have the honor to teach is like AMAZING anyway!!

We met an awesome new dude this week named Javier, who's from Peru. By the way, Peruvians have really cool accents, like super duper flowy and it's almost hard to understand them 'cause their Spanish flows so well. Anyway, this is a really awesome man. He's come here all the way from Peru, leaving his family, so that he can gain some money to help support them. Apparently there's some freaky kind of industry in Peru that makes it almost impossible for citizens to get good jobs and make any money, yet the country lives. Not sure how all that works, but either way, Javier lives here now and I'm happy about that. Although I feel for him big time because he's planning to be away from his family for a seemingly indefinite period of time, solely so that he can take care of them. That is real sacrifice, and I have a lot of respect for the decision he's made. We were able to share the message of the Restoration with Javier this week, and he really seemed to enjoy it! I'll keep you updated on that one!

We also were able to do a lot of member strengthening this week, which was a huge blessing. We saw a lot of members of our ward who were having hard times, and it was our blessing to see those people and help them with the things that were bothering them. I love doing that stuff. I'm making awesome friends here in Idaho that I'll certainly be keeping in touch with from now on.

Other than that, no big news! Except for that I LOVE MY MISSION!! You guys are all wonderful and I love you too! Keep your chins up and always stay on the straight and narrow! Keep the faith! Muah!

Elder Slavens

No comments:

Post a Comment