Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

What's With All These Observed Holidays??

Seriously, what even is President's Day? Sounds to me like it's just a silly excuse for the librarian to not let us in to do our emails. Anyway, that's why it's Tuesday and not Monday that I'm writing. Sorry about that! I'm sure everyone was just dying.

So for the 3rd week in a row I'm feeling rather out of sorts as I write my emails. I have a super hard time sleeping at night and so I've recently been taking Melatonin to help me K.O. rather than sitting up awake at 2:00 am. And I think I may have accidentally OD'd a little bit last night and taken one too many so that I would fall asleep faster, and it ended up having the opposite effect. I was up like all night, and as a result I'm like way groggy and blah. On top of that I just consumed like 40 pounds of Mexican food for lunch and that's putting me out of sorts as well. Though it was quite tasty.

Anyway, this has been a really great week. Although the sad thing is that I'm starting to find that the more enjoyable the week is, the less I seem to learn! And this has been quite an enjoyable week, so I'll have to think long and hard about what I've actually gotten out of it. Other than the fact that Melatonin may be a blessing, and it may be a curse, depending on the dosage. But we've just had a lot of success this week. Many little miracles are being witnessed by Elder Wright and I every day here in Wendell, and it's super refreshing. We were blessed this week to have lots of lessons with people, as well as 3 new people to teach who we feel have real potential to do the right things! And of course, we've stuck as well with the investigators of this area who are progressing, and we've seen them continue to do so as we've walked around knocking their doors.

Dang it, my stinking brain isn't working right now and I just can't for the life of me think of anything really specific that happened! I guess it'll just have to suffice by saying that this week was really good and we're seeing a lot of great things happening. Next week I will be sure to not do anything stupid like running around in the snow in no more than shorts, or overdosing on Melatonin, so that I might actually be able to write a well-connected and coherent email. Rather than just this blah blah blah. But until then, know that I love you all, and that I miss all of my friends and family back home! Hope you had a wonderful President's day, whatever that is, and that the upcoming week treats you no worse! Paz y amor!

Lesson Learned: Melatonin does the job. But read the labels or it might send you into a coma, or turn you into a zombie.

Elder Slavens

No comments:

Post a Comment