Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Monday, March 3, 2014

Can I Get an 'E'?

And if you hit me with an "l-d-e-r"
Then you'd see our
Missionary swagger
We never sag nor lag nor stagger

So please pump up your bike tire
Sit in the seat, sire
Kickin' it quick, ain't no trick, said, I'm no liar
Plant the BoM, right from wrong, with the mom that's
investigating and enjoying all the chats (discussions)

WWESD?
I like to teach the gospel motivatedly
But all work and no play makes me crazy
So
I take off a P-Day once a week

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gooooooood morning, world!!!

How's everybody doing? I'm doing just swell myself! It's been a really awesome week of teaching and preaching and loving and learning and growing and ah!! Such a good one. Where do I begin? Hm.

I had the opportunity to do an exchange this week which was way fun. I exchanged with Elder Perdue, from Texas, who apparently was at BYU the same time as me! Small world. Actually it's like a tiny little world - there's like 10 Elders here who were at BYU at the same time and I didn't know a one of them before the mission. So it's been cool to have that initial connection with lots of different people. But anyway, I just love exchanges. Such a cool way to learn different methods of teaching and studying and yeah, I love them. Perks of being a district leader's companion.

Every month as a mission we set goals for ourselves and focus on specific changes we can make to become more Christlike and so on. This month we're focusing a lot on our studies and how they can help us help our investigators. Mom, you'll be happy to know that I've been focusing a lot on making good use of my study time recently. I've been reading tons recently in the Book of Mormon, and the more I do, the more hooked I get to it, honestly. There are times when I don't even wanna go out and teach because I'm so sucked up in the Book of Mormon, which is good and awful at the same time. But I've just learned so much this week about how a good morning study can start off your day really right.

And hopefully all of you are doing your studies daily too! It doesn't need to be three hours long; just a solid 10-15 minutes can really change your day. Love it.

Hope you all have a wonderful week! 
Big hug, big kiss, little kiss, big hug, little hug, little kiss, big hug, big kiss, little hug, little kiss.

Lesson Learned: A study a day keeps the devil away.

Elder Slavens

No comments:

Post a Comment