Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Monday, March 17, 2014

Superliminal

I'll be honest, I have no idea why the subject heading is what it is, but the word popped into my head and I decided to type it down. I'll bet it was the spirit telling me what to write. Hopefully that subject has some profound effect on someone in need.

Anyway, hello there world! What a great week it has been! And a stinking fast one, at that! I really don't even know where to begin, because I don't really know what even happened this week, because I feel like I just wrote you guys like yesterday, blah! This is really starting to freak me out; I've been out for over 8 months now and I feel like I just got here. Ugh. Whelp, better make the most of it!!

So, I would like to start of with some horrible news that I received earlier this week. Elder Wright went to that training meeting with the 'director of pross' and came back almost in tears. Okay, not quite in tears, but it was a sad day. He had to come back and explain to me that we're not getting iPads until like mid-summer. This huge lump formed in my throat and my heart sank through the floor and I thought the world was over. Mainly because I had been spreading the rumor for the whole entire week to all of the surrounding missionaries that we would be getting iPads this week, which, in fact, we were not. So I became terrified that all of the Elders in surrounding areas would decide to come and beat me up. Thankfully that didn't happen, but it was still a sad experience.

And now some other news! Transfers are coming up this week! We just got the information about what we're gonna end up doing a couple days ago, and I'll tell ya, I'm quite pleased! I'm going to be staying in Wendell for yet another transfer! That'll be 7 1/2 months for me here in Wendell, if I even leave after that!! You see, I'm gonna be training this transfer! Brand new baby missionary of my very own! Awww! And in that case, since training takes two transfers, I wouldn't be surprised to find that I'll stay another transfer to finish raising my boy! I'm gonna die here! And Elder Wright's getting moved to Twin, which will we super fun, because Twin has like everything. So I'm jealous about that, but it's no biggie. The coolest people in all of Idaho live here, so it's chill. I'm really excited about this you guys, for real.

Other than that, we've had a few great lessons this week! People are still struggling with the whole marriage thing, but I suppose choices like that take time. We'll just continue to be supportive of these people and bring the spirit in truckloads to help them know what needs to be done.

This has been a super duper week and I'm so happy to be here! Keep your chins up, everybody! Talk to you soon!

Lesson Learned: I can still be a missionary without an iPad. I can.

Heart,

Elder Slavens

No comments:

Post a Comment