Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Monday, April 28, 2014

I'm Writing This On an iPad, You Guys!!!!

I'm completely kidding, I'll never get an iPad.

So guess what! Transfer calls came yesterday! Anybody have any crazy guesses as to where I'm going?? Well if you guessed that I'll be going anywhere at all, you would in fact be wrong. I'M STAYING IN WENDELL FOR ANOTHER MONTH AND A HALF. I've been in this place for like a billion years. By the end of this transfer it'll have been literally 9 months. That's loco. But you know what? I'm absolutely stoked about it. A bunch of cool things are about to start happening in this place, and I'm so pumped to be a part of all of it!

We've got a new investigator (well technically a pretty old investigator) who we just met, named Bryant. He's been coming to church for quite a while, but he's like 16 and has a couple of silly parents who haven't let him get baptized because they are Catholic. But we just met him the other day and he asked us if we could come over to his house and just teach some little lessons here and there, you know, get his parents' feet wet and whatnot, so we were all like well heck yeah! And we were making plans to do exactly that when Bryant texts us like literally 2 days later and says to bring a baptismal form because his dad says he can get baptized!! I couldn't even believe what I was reading! So that's just a huge miracle we've seen this week; we're so excited to get this kid moving and help him take the steps he's been dying to take for years now.

We've also got that couple who's getting married coming up this transfer, so hopefully that plays out well! The father says he still doesn't want to make a decision when it comes to baptism (c'mon man, 10 YEARS??), but I believe that when they finally do get married, they're gonna be blessed hugely with the spirit, and that will help him make the decision. Fingers crossed!

A recent convert in the group, named Brayan, has decided to go on a mission! Such a cool reminder that things can go very far when missionaries do their job right. He's heading out for Washington sometime this month, and I'm really happy that I get to be around to support him!

So basically I'm super stoked for this upcoming transfer! True, I am about ready for a change of scenery (and smell, for that matter), but I know that there's a definite reason for my being here, and I'm very happy to be able to fulfill that! I hope you guys have a week that rocks your socks off like this one has mine! love you all!

Elder Slavens

No comments:

Post a Comment