Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Monday, April 14, 2014

Mawwage, part 2

Hello world! What a wonderful day!

It's true.

How is everyone? I hope everyone's good like ya should be! I'm doing wonderful, you know that!!

This has been a great week. We've definitely seen a little bit of everything, and it's been a very nice mix of everything that missionary work encompasses. We've taught some really great lessons, gone on an exchange, been to a big multi-zone conference, done some service, I've been sick, and all in between!

Oh my gosh, good news this week!! There's this family in the Spanish group, and the mom's a member, but the dad isn't. The dad's been investigating for like a bajillion years at this point, and the main issue here is that the mom and dad aren't married (yes, another one of those ones). But we got a call from the mom the other day, who asked us if we could talk to the bishop about setting up an appointment SO THEY CAN GET MARRIED!! Like, that's super wooooo!!! I'm so excited for them for making this decision! That's like years' worth of prayers being paid off right there!

Our exchange was great. I had the chance to go serve in Twin for a day with Elder Fernandez, who is actually the current companion of my last, Elder Wright! So Elder Wright made his was down to Wendell to spend the day with Elder Martinez, and I made mine up to Twin. It was so awesome, and a very refreshing change of pace! There are so many dang people in Twin Falls (at least, compared to Wendell), so we never once ran out of ideas for what to do! That was certainly an interesting experience for me because I'm used to planning to the bone to find out things to do every day, simply because Wendell's such a small town. And that's certainly something I've come to enjoy, 'cause I know that I'm working hard down here! But it was a nice little break just having everything all ready to go for once!

Yeah, I got sick this week. It was pretty lame. My food wouldn't stay down and I had this wonderful headache all day. But now I feel like a million bucks, so no worries!

I'll be honest, I really don't know what more to add to this email! Sorry it was a kinda short one! But everything I've said pretty much sums it up at this point!

Huge shout out to the coolest girl of all time, Sarah Cannon, for deciding to go on a mission! Chile's gonna eat your testimony right up! I'm proud of you!!

Everyone have a wonderful week, and I hope you all know that I love you!


Elder Slavens

No comments:

Post a Comment