Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Monday, May 26, 2014

Thank Goodness for the Family History Center

Otherwise these observed holidays would be the end of my life. I don't even remember what Memorial
Day is.

I feel like my emails have gotten pretty boring as of late! Let's spice this one up with, umm, electrolytes! I have no idea. I guess I'll just talk about my week, and hopefully this time around I've got more pizazz in my writing technique.

This has been a good week, and a hard one all the same! We've had some great lessons, and some trials as well. Just as I like it! Elder Martinez has been having a lot of struggles recently, which has kinda taken a toll on myself, but we're pushing through it! The other day, Elder Martinez looked like he was getting ready to kill someone, so I had to stop in my tracks to help him through whatever. He explained to me that he felt really underappreciated as a missionary and that he just felt like he didn't belong. I did my best to explain that that's just an unfortunate reality of missionary work, and that there will always be opposition pressing on the Lord's anointed. I think he got the idea, and we're really pushing hard right now to get stuff done! I'm pretty stoked about it.

Transfers are right around the corner! June 11th is the date; make sure to mark it on your calendars. In my recent interview with President Curtis, he gave me some interesting information that I don't really know what to do with. He asked me how I feel about Wendell and if I wouldn't mind staying longer and I was just like what the what?? I've been here for a billion years, President, why in the world would I stay?? But in reality, I am so in love with Wendell that it would just break my heart to leave! So I told him that I really wouldn't mind staying another transfer. He explained that tons of Spanish missionaries are leaving this transfer and that some new ones are coming in that obviously need some training, so I'm on top of the list to train again! President doesn't like whitewashing areas (or in other words, taking both missionaries out of an area and putting two new ones in), so if I end up training, I would have to stay here because he doesn't want me to whitewash another area. Does that make sense? Anyway, I'm probably training and STAYING here in Wendell next transfer! That'll make it 10 1/2 months here! Whew!

Whelp, I think I'm gonna sign off now! This has been, in all, a very good week, and I'm hoping the next one's just a step up for the rest of you! Have a lovely week!

Elder Slavens

No comments:

Post a Comment