Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Monday, October 20, 2014

¿Que Pasa, Calabaza?

That means "what's up, pumpkin?" in Spanish, which I find to be a very appropriate thing to say considering the current season/circumstance.

SO MUCH SERVICE this week! We spent basically three whole days helping out this less-active member dude who owns a GIANT pumpkin patch. There are like almost literally billions of pumpkins there. I think. But we spent a good amount of time this week just hauling pumpkins to and fro. Luckily, however, the dude let us take like a million squashes and gourds home, and we've been cooking 'em up like baked potatoes and putting brown sugar in 'em and dang is that good.

The musical number ended up going really well! And we had a really cool conference with Elder Golden of the 1st quorum of the 70, so that was awesome. I'm not quite sure why, but Elder Golden told President Curtis that he wanted to interview a few missionaries, and President picked me! So I had a one-on-one talk with a general authority which was way cool.

ALSO, Mario Corona got baptized this week!! Holy moly, getting that put together was almost more stressful than James'! Probably so, actually. So you know how each investigator planning on getting baptized needs to have a baptismal interview? Well that can only be given by a District Leader, Zone Leader, or something of that nature. It can't be just any missionary. And the thing that made this real tough is that with this most recent transfer, all of the missionaries in leadership in our zone were changed to English positions (except me), and Mario does not know that language!! So we spent like 5 years looking for a missionary to give the baptismal interview to Mario, but nobody could, and we thought we were gonna die.We ended up figuring it out, and though I probably can't properly express the stress I went through getting that organized, I just want you to be aware that it was there (wow, that sentence sounded like a poem).\

But anyway, he DID get baptized and confirmed this week! Woot woot! So legit. Although he almost was like 30 minutes late to the baptism, but whatever. It happened! I got to confirm him a member of the church on Sunday (which is always fun in Spanish), and I'm so thankful that I got to do that! I pray that he'll be led by the spirit to stick with it and never falter. This will change his life if he lets it!

Anyway, I'll probably hit the road now, but all you keep safe and whatnot and I love you and muah!

Elder Slavens


No comments:

Post a Comment