Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Monday, October 6, 2014

When You Don't Have Time to Do Anything

This has been one of those weeks! Whew, I am just so pooped I have no idea where to start! In reality, not much has happened this week - but my body does not agree with that idea; it's just dead either way.

This week consisted mostly of me pretending to know how to play the piano. You see, Elder Golden, a member of the first quorum of the Seventy, is coming to give us a training this week! Which should be cool. Anyway, he wanted a musical number done by my zone, and I have no idea why, but like the second our zone leaders found out about that, they came right to me and asked if I'd make one up. Bahhhhhhhhhhhhhh okay fine. The problem is they gave me like a week and a half to make it up, and so I was like busting out ALL of the musical abilities I have to make up a musical number that sounds chill, and at the same time is easy to sing 'cause we have like no time to practice. Today is literally the one and only time that the zone is going to get together to not only learn it, but to get good at it. So that's like really all I've been doing all week - going to the church buildings to play on the piano and invent something to blow away a general authority - which I highly doubt will happen. Either way, I've done my best! We're gonna sing "I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go", and I think it does sound pretty nice. I'll see if I can't get a recording or something to show you peeps.

But unfortunately, because of that, we weren't able to see many people! Conference also kind of sucked up all of Saturday and Sunday. So that really has been basically all we've done this week! I'll let you know next week how the musical number goes - hopefully it doesn't crash and burn. Fingers crossed. I love you all and all that jazz!

Elder Slavens

P.S. MONSTROUS shout-out to my little brother, Dallin, for deciding to serve a mission! Cambodia needs you man, even if they don't understand a word you say! Woot woot!


No comments:

Post a Comment