Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Monday, December 8, 2014

A Chill Week Behind, a Chill Week Ahead

So chill, man. Life in Carey is great. I've had some awesome experiences the past few days that have really helped me see how perfectly in place the Lord puts everything, especially when it comes to missionary work. I definitely know I belong here in Carey serving the Lord, and I wouldn't rather be anywhere right now!

That having been said, I really don't have much time to write today! Whoopsies! But I guess I'll just fill you in on whatever big stuff's going on.

Elder Chase and I are the Leaders of the Carey Zone of the Idaho Twin Falls Mission. Here's a fun fact for you: Our zone is the largest zone, area-wise, in the entire continental US. Hence, we have a lot of ground to cover when we're needed by the District Leaders and stuff like that. We went on an exchange with the District Leader up in Salmon, which is about 4 hours and 45 minutes north of Carey. Holy moly what is my life. It was fun just chillin' with the comp though and talking about everything ever. But yeah, as a Zone Leader in Carey, those tend to be the kinds of things we spend our time on! Which is cool.

We have a couple super solid investigators that I'm stoked to work with. Probably the one with the most progress is a Mexicano named Luis! He's way legit you guys. He's got a baptismal date set for the 20th of this month and is right on track to get that done! We recently taught him a lesson we like to call the 'spiritual vaccination', a very important thing to cover when someone's preparing for baptism. Whenever somebody's preparing to make a big, important choice like baptism, Satan is always right behind them tempting them and opposing them. So people need to be aware that that is going to happen, otherwise they fall real quick. So we talked about recognizing the fruits of the spirit versus the fruits of the devil, and I think he really gets it! Pretty cool seeing the Holy Ghost play His role in the life of Luis as he prepares to take this step! Pray for him por favor!

Luis is our main focus right now, so I don't have TONS to report otherwise. But as things wrap up there I definitely am pumped about a bunch of these other people that are coming out of the woodwork! Life is good. I hope you all enjoy this bootiful week, and remember to SMILE. :)

Peace out,
Elder Slavens

No comments:

Post a Comment