Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Monday, January 19, 2015

Daaaaaaang, What Even Happened This Week. Uhhhhhhhh.

That's kinda what my week has been like. Fortunately I have more time this week to put my thoughts together than I did last, so this one should, if nothing else, be a more interesting read. Prolly.

On Tuesday I went on an exchange in the glorious city of Challis, ID, which is pretty much the most in the middle-of-nowhere place I can name, beside perhaps Carey. This exchange turned out to be a real adventure 'cause that area has recently been whitewashed, not with just two new Elders, but THREE. Thus, during that exchange there were 4 missionaries stomping around town, which is never a good thing. Anyway, it was a pretty chill exchange. We taught this one super politically-involved woman who would relate any gospel topic we introduced to politics and somehow start talking about presidents and legislatures and judges and blaaaaaaah for like hours until we found a nice spot to bring it back in. That was an adventure in and of itself.

Our area's doing super well right now and we're pumped to be a part of it. We're well aware that it has basically nothing to do with us, once again, but it's really nice to see the fruits sprouting up. Like I said last week, we have a couple really solid investigators with baptismal dates that are just on SUPA HOT BURNING FAYA. We first have Lonny. He's so ready to be baptized. Lonny knows what's up. He's your typical cowboy, and in the past lived your typical cowboy lifestyle. He used to ride bulls and win huge tournaments and head to the bar afterward and party 'til he was purple. But he's made a big flip - he still rides bulls, but in celebration he now returns home with his wife and they read together from the Book of Mormon. Pretty cool stuff. He has a date for the 31st of this month and I think he couldn't be more pumped about it.

This past week Lonny took us out onto the ranch he works at and had us help him feed the calves. Holy moly I've never seen so many baby cows in my life I thought, I was gonna die. It was pretty chill 'cause we rode out onto the field by way of sleigh pulled by horses - the old-fashioned way. I thought that was pretty cool. So yeah.

Our other FAYA investigator is Bryan Wood. He's going through a break-up with his wife and this time in his life has brought him to some serious reflection. He wants to do everything he can to make sure he's on God's side, so he asked us to come teach him. I think that's pretty cool, don't you?? Just a cool dude. We set a baptismal date with him for the 14th of February - Valentine's Day. Kinda weird date, I know, but when the Lord tells you to set a date for Valentine's Day, you set a date for Valentine's Day.

Anyway, that's what up at the moment! I'm about to have one of the most eventful couple of weeks in my whole mission life, so I'll prolly have lots to write next week. Stay tuned, fools! Have a great week and never forget that Jesus loves you! Muah!

Elder Slavens


On the sleigh with mah burrs.





Elder Chase buck that hay.

No comments:

Post a Comment