Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Monday, February 9, 2015

I have been promoted from apprentice to master

Why hello, world. How it be?
      It's been another fine week in the MTC. The sun is always shining, and there is always fun to be had. Just a wonderful experience. 
      So this week started out with a miracle. Some man who somehow knew about Sister Sheffield and I snuck Swig in and brought it to us. I have no clue how he knew that we both worked there, but I got my first Mountain Dew in months. I was singing Hosanna.  
      Then a beautiful idea was born: everyone watch your local concerts in 2 years because the Cambodians have hatched a plan. When we get back, we are going to have a concert called "Mormon Mania", starring all of the Mormon hits. It will star the Mormon Tarbenacle Choir, and feature David Archeletta, Lindsey Sterling, Gladys Knight, Imagine Dragons, Neon Trees, the Osmonds, The Killers, and the children from Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat having a reunion. Be ready for it. There will also be chocolate mint brownie refreshments and a closing prayer. 
       Elder Gardley made my day by telling me that I was wearing a mask and was painting my face, because he's sure I'm black. It's because I knew who Shaggy was. But in reality, it wasn't me. 
       I will also be doing a weekly section of Elder Johnny Ros quotes in my emails, and this weeks starts with "I would rather drown than grow an afro" 
       The reason I have promoted from Apprentice to Master is very simple. This week, both Elder Hall and I have decided to compete for the spot as Master to Elder Wager, possibly the strangest man I've ever met. To see who would win, we decided that he would only eat white rice and water for as long as he could, and I would only drink chocolate milk (no food) for as long as I could. AND I WON!!! I lasted 27 hours. So food is pointless. 
       I also broke my camera this week waaaaaaaaa
       This week, I had lots of fun teaching about teaching the gospel. We did TRC, which is teaching real life people who don't play roles like our teachers do. But even better was when we saw a guest named Dan just roaming the MTC and taught him. The spirit was so strong!!! He loved what we had to say!!! 
       I loved this week and I love you all!!!!! Have a #blessed life 
Elder Dark Money


The Master I am Master to, Elder "Swagger" Wager 


​Selfie king, Elder Johnny Ros 


​RIP 



Everyone says my district President and I are twins born in different generations. I don't see it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment