Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Monday, March 23, 2015

I'm as free as a Genie!!!

Well... almost 

I HAVE ONE DAY MOOOOOREEEEE IN THE MTC, PEOPLE!!!!  WOO HOOO!!! 
     
     Ok, now stop celebrating. We have a lot of business to get to. I have a lot to tell you. Well, at least I THINK I do. It really has been weird because Everyone has been saying the MTC flies by, but I feel like I've been here for my whole life. I'm pretty ready to go, except for the part where when I go, I have to speak fluent Cambodian, and I'm not even close. Memorizing words is hard for me. I've been trying to make this week my best when it comes to working hard, because i know that is what I am supposed to do. 
    
     We had something called "in-field orientation", which is basically supposed to get us ready to be REAL missionaries. The most I got out of the day was when I saw a picture of some eggs and took a selfie. ROFL JK I really did learn a lot. Egg selfie to come later. 
     
     Also, the bestest bestest part of my week was when we met someone named Leah. So, I never knew this, but there are REAL Investigators of the church who come to the MTC, and me and a couple other missionaries have been teaching Leah. At first, she wasn't really getting a lot out of what we were teaching her. I thought it might be a waste of our limited time at the MTC, but then she played us a song on her guitar that basically just told us how thankful she was for us helping her and it made me realize how much missionaries help people. It was TOO swag! I love Leah. I can't wait to have COPIOUS amounts of people I can help in Cambodia. 
     
     I hope everyone is doing well! My week is gonna be a WEIRD one! I'm flying to Hong Kong tomorrow night, and then to Cambodia from there! So I'll let everyone know my new address, because I KNOW y'all are gonna want to be writing me letters that will probably never make it to me! Enjoy TV and movies everyone, because I miss them every day! But it's worth it because I love what I'm doing! Be ready for the sweetest email ever next week! 

BE THE SWAGGIEST YOU CAN BE!!! Tootles 
Elder Slavens 

No comments:

Post a Comment