Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Monday, April 20, 2015

This Week Was a Rocketship

For real, this week was so fast I forgot it even happened. Not really. I'm just tryna make a point.

Hmm. Let's talk about what I learned this week. I've been focusing a lot recently on my morning studies and really figuring out how to do that properly and effectively. I started this mad dash by studying studying in Preach My Gospel. And I learned something pretty scary but also cool from it. It says, more or less, that the path to salvation can only be followed by having a good study ethic, particularly of the scriptures and word of the Lord. I take some liberty with that by clarifying that I CANNOT GET INTO HEAVEN WITHOUT STUDYING THE SCRIPTURES PROPERLY. Shoot, that gives me the chills. But hey, I think it's more or less true! We need to allow ourselves to be fed by the daily bread that the scriptures and words of modern prophets provide to us. Otherwise, we won't be prepared spiritually to hang out with our Heavenly Father. So I've been focusing recently on having really effective studies that bring me closer to my Savior, 'cause that's pretty much the only way I'm gonna get there. I invite all of you to do the same!

We had a lot of people cancel appointments this week, which is okay. Makes for a kind of boring email though. Hopefully I have more sick stories to share next week! If not WHAT'CHOO GON' DO 'BOUT IT? You all are my FAVORITE. <360.gif>

Elder Slavens


Say what you will, we have massive swag.

No comments:

Post a Comment