Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Sorry for the long email, but just read it

Hey, so let's be honest. My least favorite part of writing these emails is sitting down at the computer right now and trying to figure out how I can organize all my notes into a well thought out, organized email. But for this week, I'm WAAAAAY too lazy. So I am just going to say it in order of how I wrote it. 

First, my new companion, Elder Hall and I, just went HAM trying to get members to read their scriptures. Because the scriptures are dope. So every person we met who was already a member of our church, we taught them about the Book of Mormon, why it is awesome, and we gave them crayons and note books and book marks! How cute is that! And everyone was so stoked! All you have to do to get people to do what is seemingly boring, yet important, is give them something shiny that makes it uber fun. 

Then we got a call to go visit a member who was in the Kambong Cham hospital, and let me just tell you. I promise I will never get sick here. I am horrified of that hospital. The patients were laying on the floor. There was blood everywhere. It smelled like puke. And the walls were full of sewers. 

We had a lesson with one of our few investigators. His name is Vuan. It was so dang awesome. He is super hard to meet, but we just found him as we were riding our bikes down the road. Then we went to his house with him to teach him. Basically we were teaching him about being baptized, and then receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost after baptism, and we showed him a picture of someone having priesthood holders lay their hands on the persons head, and he was like "Oh yah! I've seen that before. I had a dream that the Elders were putting their hands on my head at church and saying a prayer. I wasn't sure what it was, but now I know! Thanks!" 

There was another time when Elder Hall and I were eating in a restaurant, and a group of white back packing chicks (white people- NOT COMMON) walks by, and then you hear one say "did you guys see the cute Mormons over there?" and then the group sneaks back to take a peek at yo home boy. I pretended like I didn't hear, but I kinda wish I didn't hear because now I think I am the most attractive person in the world. 

One time I was just standing, and a bug FLEW INTO MY EYE! It entered my eye! So Elder Hall scraped it out with  a book mark. Then, another bug FLEW INTO MY OTHER EYE! But Elder Hall couldn't find it so it was in my eye ball for TWO DAYZ. Talk about NOT COMFORTABLE. I finally got it out. Fear not. 

I talked it in my sleep. I was speaking Khmer. I thanked someone for sharing, and asked them to give the closing prayer. This is how I talk in my sleep now. 

And we'll wrap it up with my favorite moment of the week. Someone fed us dog meat. It was awesome. I've made it. I'm really here, man. 

Love you guys. 
Elder Dog Meat Eater 
or
Elder Eats Dog Meat



Look closely at the meat... Can you hear it barking? 


​I swear that kid was just drinking coke... 


​Me and Elder Hall "hanging out" tee hee tee hee 


​Me, a man, and that mans cow


Guinness Book of World Records #1 biggest pig 

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7xZnzSL5JQkVkRicnl4MUl6VWs&usp=sharing

No comments:

Post a Comment