Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Sunday, November 1, 2015

It smells like fettuccine up in here

I didn't write down any notes of what happened this week, so I am just going to write everything that pops into my head. EVERYTHING. 

So we moved houses this week. Our old house was stinky and gross and had rats every where and my mission president felt really bad for us. So he moved us to a new house. IT IS SO SWAG. There are 3 companion ships of Elders in my new house, and we are all party animals.

Elder Hall and I talked to straight up 100 random people about our church this week on the road. I would just carry a Book of Mormon with me, and when i rode up to talk to someone, I would just ask them if they have ever seen the book before. In the Buddhist religion, only the monks get scripture. So the fact that we can all have the scripture is cool to them. ALSO we just tell them they can pray about it, and know it is true. They don't even have to believe us as the messengers. Sometimes they like it. Sometimes they just want me to go away. 

Our investigator who was super into alcohol stopped drinking. But then he got super sick. And then he healed. And then he asked me for money, and I am 100% positive it was so he could go buy alcohol, because his wife, who is a member of our church already, won't give him money. He is so awesome. 

Also I literally can't think of anything else. I just have so much fun everyday, I just CAN'T #uhWHAAAAAAT Also no one emailed me any questions about my mission so I have nothing to report based on your questions. 


dally_face


​crank it- LOUDER! 


​Too much snail turd! 


​Cambodia is the land of drunk babies 


#caughtslippin


​You think people here are poor and then all of the sudden you show up to their houses 
and they bought a claw thing from Japan 


​Elder Hall 


​A chicken laid eggs on a roof, and a kid climbed up and harvested them 


Riding hard


Me and a new chicken


Ok, check out this weird Cambodian bird. Cambodia has the weirdest birds. 




No comments:

Post a Comment