Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Sunday, November 15, 2015

Walking in the grass is so fine you don't need shoes in the summer time

Hey y'all. So I haven't gotten any questions emailed to me about life in Cambodia, so instead I will answer the questions yelled at me by Cambodians in their houses as I ride by on my bike and they want to practice English: 

-"Hello! Hi bye bye?" -Hello

-"Where you go?" -I go home 

-"How are you?" -I'm fine, thanks, and you? 

-"What your name my name is?" -My name Elder 

-"What your first name?" -Classified. I go by Elder now.

-"What your phone number?" -Why do you want to know? 

-"Hello everybody, let's go?" -Ok?

I tried to ask back once. I said "Hello how are you?" and she said "I am eleven years old." So I quit trying after that. 

I went on an exchange, which means you switch companions for a day, with another Elder whose name is Elder Hall. My current companions name is Elder Hall also. MY LIFE IS COMPLETE! 

Also I got attacked by a crazy lady this week. We were riding our bikes to go teach someone, and on the way I heard a crazy lady yell hello to me, but I just kept going. Well, we got the the house of the person we wanted to meet, and within 5 to 7 minutes, the same crazy lady rolled up on her bike. And she CHARGED ME. She kept grabbing me and asking me to hug her and kiss her. Then she asked if I knew Korean. Then she took my pen, and wrote code on my hand. It was just a ton of numbers. She told me I was her son, and that because I was her son I needed to give her money. 

This week Elder Hall and I were talking to random people about the church, then we saw a car stuck in the mud off in the distance. So we rushed to aid! We had to push while they tried to drive the car out of the mud. I was flipping through all my car knowledge I have learned from the Mont over the years, and all my survival knowledge Bear Grylls has taught me, but I came up empty handed. We couldn't help them get the car out of the mud. It is probably still there lol. 

This week Elder Hall, and our whole mission, has been GOING HARD on talking to people on the streets and inviting them to learn with us. And Elder Hall and I have found the perfect technique: If you just stand on the sidewalk, and someone starts to drive by on their moto, you just have to wave at them and walk in the direction that they are going, they WILL stop to talk to you. I am not sure why, and I know this wouldn't work in America, but it works here! And we have found some people who are willing to hear what we have to teach. I'll keep you updated if any of them are cool. Or if any of them are crazy. Loves you guys. Have a swag Christmas.

Love, Elder (It's a good day for Elder)  


CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT! 


DOOOOOOOOOOG! Sitting like a human! 


CHHHHHIIICCCKKKEEEENNNNNNN!!!!!!


THEY ALWAYS WEAR MY HELMET!


GRASS AND TREES! 


SORCERY! 


WHAT THE CRAZY LADY WROTE ON MY HAND! 


THEY LOVE TO SHAKE HANDS! 


TREE!


FISHING!


WE TRIED OUT TO BE ON THE VOICE! 


And to finish off... look it how strange the dogs in this country look. Just a wild pack of dogs. They look so strange! 


https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B66MqalmSnC4eWY2T0xtTXptUms/view?usp=sharing

No comments:

Post a Comment