Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Sunday, January 24, 2016

I ain't callin' you a TRUTHER!

I hit my year mark. 

So to celebrate I ate a large Dominoes pizza. Cambodia has Dominoes. Elder Grimaud and I ordered Dominoes delivery late into the night. And to top it off, we had a movie night. We watched "Together Forever", probably one of the best church movies I have ever seen. There were 90's mustaches in that movie bigger and thicker than Dave Crinnion's dad's mustache. I was just high on the college life. 

But that's not why I am here. 

I am here to party HARDCORE! On Saturday, all we did was party. Both the wards that Elder Grimaud and I serve in had parties planned for Saturday. So we partied all day long.  But don't worry, we took a break to have the baptism of our investigator. 

His name is Suu. Rhymes with Cindy Lou Who. He knows English 100%. His girlfriend knows English 100%. She served a mission in this country in 2006. Do you guys see the pattern how anyone I have seen get baptized in this country came from friends and family of members? I literally haven't done anything my whole mission.  

Suu's nickname is hobo. He learned really fast because he had a lot of faith and trust at the beginning. I love hobo. Hobo's profession: he is a mushroom farmer LAWL. Mushrooms! I think I've broken something... Him and his GF bought Elder Grimaud and I pants. There is no greater sign of love than a new pair of pants.

We tried to do some service and clean this part of our area that has a ton of people living on some old train tracks, but they got mad. In that neck of the woods, you can't see the floor because there is so much trash on the floor, and I guess that as we took their trash and threw it away for them, they said they make their money by selling that trash. WHO THE HECK BUYS TRASH?! I lol'd and then was like, "Ok, we won't clean your trash anymore. Sorry". 

To finish the week, I saw God's hand help me out a little bit. I was riding my back, and a dude pulled up to me on his moto. I looked at him and started talking. I asked him if he knew our church. He was like, "Yah, I want to learn!" and so we pulled over. He told me that before Christmas, some person named "Slavens" talked to him about Christianity, and he really wanted to learn. But the card that Slavens gave him with Slavens phone number got erased over time! So he couldn't learn! But then I was like, "DUDE! Do you know my name?" He said, "what is it?" 

"My name is Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson"

JK I told him my name was Slavens! He freaked out! God just gave him right back to me to teach him! So he is learning with us now. Cool, huh? I love doing missionary work. Helps me to see the reality in God and his church more and more everyday. Especially when there are random dude-men who know my name and say they have been looking for me so they can learn about this specific church. Crazy, huh?! I LOVE IT! 

And, yah. 


My Cambodian mother who sells me meat that I buy every Monday morning to eat while I email. 


Having my first real burger in a year. When will my life begin? 


The cleanest spot on the train tracks 


Teaching and preaching and weaching and sneezing 


Eating barbecue we made and drinking an American diet coke my mom sent me to celebrate my year mark. I hated the diet coke. Its lack of sugar compared to normal coke was depressing. I truly am a changed man. 


P.A.N.T.S. and Suu and his GF Lida


Turn down for what 


Can you imagine how many channels these people probably get? 


​Suu: "GO WEB, GO!" 


Suu and Lida bein FRESH


Suu and company 


No comments:

Post a Comment