Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Stellar pool party

This twas the last week of this transfer, meaning that my companion and I completely assumed that he would be leaving and I would be getting a new companion. And so, we spent the whole week running around and saying bye to people. Well, turns out he's not leaving, but if he WAS he would have had the best last week ever in this area because our week was #1.

Last Monday we saw our mission president, and asked him if he wanted to come proselyting with us. He said sure! So on Tuesday he taught some lessons with us. Our investigators fell in love with him. They said he was the cool white guy who seemed gangster. Well, he is. 

I got called to be the district leader. FINALLY I got some POWER! I lead like 6 people. And by lead I mean I teach those 6 missionaries for an hour once a week. Pretty exciting. Can't wait to see how this district will crash and burn with me at the helm. 

My week peeked in interestingness this week as Elder Grimaud's (companion) bike exploded. There was a fire and shrapnel flying everywhere. So we took it in to get fixed. While doing so, we made a friend. I have no clue what her name is, but she followed us and told us that white people weren't allowed there. Everyone was just watching her. Then, as we sat down at the bike place she commenced to serenade Elder Grimaud and I. For like 15 minutes. There are videos and I really really really suggest you watch them. 

We have one investigator getting baptized this week named Odom. Like odom noodles. He is so cool. He only reads in Thai, and so we teach and in Cambodian and there is a weird translating game from English to Cambodian to Thai back to Cambodian and then finally hitting my brain in English. How we were able to teach him, I have no clue. But he is awesome! He let us watch Regular Show with him for like 5 minutes before we taught. Mordecai and Rigby killed a giant spider in a cave by throwing grenades into its mouth. But then they died and turned into ghosts. 

That's all I got


My bell got stolen from my bike! 


30 minutes a day, gettin real built.
Lookin real fly while I'm rockin my kilt. 


Library card? 


Our friend


Action shot of her serenading us. I don't think I can stress enough how badly I want you all to go watch the videos of her singing.


​Oh snap. Oh snap. Come to my macaroni party then we'll take a nap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment