Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Hello. Is it me you're looking for?

How many dang weddings do I have to sing at on my mission? I sang at another one this week. It was a couple missionaries and some youth. No words I type can describe the things that happen at a Cambodian wedding.You'll all just have to wait until I get married and have a Cambodian style wedding to see it. I'll bring the Cambodia to you. Let's just say it always includes KFC as the food served. 

This week was full of trying to find old members who have stopped coming to church. We have records of member with maps to their houses that we follow until we find their house. Well this one map I could hardly read, so we were asking people on the road where we should go based on the address. And they lead us to some official government building. Where they took us in, and called a couple village presidents to find the address we had written down. I felt like Tom Cruise. 

This week was my last week with Elder Joseph Grimaud. He's outta here. He's leaving me in the dust. Now I am getting my very first Cambodian companion. That's right, folks. My next companion is named Elder Miah. He is from Cambodia, but I hear he's also lived in Thailand. What a coincidence because so have I! So we'll get along great. We have so much in common already! 

Actually, basically no one who I will be serving with or around is American. They are all Cambodian. So that is gonna be way fun. They know how to party. 

Love you, peeps. 
Slavens


My girlfriend. 


This is the crumb cake my mom sent me that we always eat every Sunday. Tastes 10x better in Cambodia. 


Wedding


Frog stir-fry. 


I named this kids extra thumb Trenton. 

I then I made Trenton shake my hand. 


This cute old guy who has to read with the book basically inside his face. 


​Oreo pudding.


Goodbye my lover. Goodbye my friend. You have been the one. You have been the one for me. 


Mummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment