Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Tick tock on the clock like the party never stop

Heyo ballers. Whats schoolin in the yard? Itz just been a hip hop hippin week out here in yo home boys playin field which is AKA also known as Cambodia, BABY! 

But actually this week was hilarious. Like, I'm not really sure what has happened in the last couple weeks, but the missionary work that I have been doing has just evolved. I've tried really hard to meet the members of the church here to strengthen them, but they just don't have time in the schedules. So that means we have just been hitting the streets all day everyday to find people who want to learn. 

And does that mean we automatically find success and everyone we talk to wants to learn from us? NOPE. Actually, no one has wanted to learn yet hahahaha. No one wanted to learn from the prophets in the Book of Mormon or Bible either. So I just keep doin what I'm doin cuz thats what I'm suppozed to do. 

To get in with the members though, we went to an activity that the whole country put on at our church building. It was a giant church wide cook off. And there was a giant dance party. AND I DIDN'T EVEN DANCE ONCE!!! WHAT HAVE I BECOME!!!!! JK I danced as cleaned up trash. But the activity was just like a good ole fashioned drive in night. But what were were lacking were some good ole cotton candy things made by the Hanna's.  

Elder Miah packed up and flew to England. I miss him a ton. My new companion is WAY cool! His name is Elder Hunt. He wears glasses. 

Yesterday we taught a lesson on charity to  a family in our ward, and then in the middle of the lesson the dog walked in and started chewing on my shoes which were outside and the dad stood up, walked over to the dresser, grabbed a hanger, and started whipping the dog while saying "How am I supposed to have charity when I've got a dog like this?!"

So please remember charity this week. No matter how stupid you think your dog is. 

Love y'all.


When all you do is talk to random people on the streets all day, you find people like this who grab you, pull you in, and whisper to you "I love little kids" 


Taking this bawler to the airport so he can go to Hogwarts 



My new companion, who is 1.85 meters tall. Wow! He is a selfie pro! 


His bike, however, did not want to work as well. His chain broke like 12 thousand times. 


Our investigator on the left, named "Two One", and my best friend Suo in the middle, giving me a gift of fruit with a heart stabbed into it. So sweet! 


​This was the cook off. I had a back stage pass. 


This is my zone, and I made everyone take a bike pic. Bikes are cool! 


Missionaries spotted at BK. Eat fresh. Have it your way. I'm lovin' it. 


On the red carpet at Burger King with a Cambodian celebrity 


Me and my companion doin what we do best, preaching the gospel 


Summer Solstice


Until we meet again, good buddy. He said he would come to America and try and get a job at Coverstar working with my dad's Laotian worker after his mission. 

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByelKyvCEuEXSVhCSXo4ZmVXN2c&usp=sharing

No comments:

Post a Comment