Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Sunday, May 1, 2016

Previously on... SURVIVOR!

What does that mean if I meet a British person and they ask me, 
"Where are you from?" 
and I say,
"California"
and they say,
"Oh, I could tell by your accent"

WHAT THE HECK DOES THAT MEAN?!?!?!? 

My warts are doing well. They are all scabs now. 

Elder Ros and I continue to try our hardest. I have been inspired by another Elder's motto for his mission: "fear no man

So anytime I am walking or riding my bike with Elder Ros, and I see someone out of the corner of my eye, and think, "wow, I should really go invite him to learn about how cool the gospel of Jesus Christ is", but then think "naaaaw, he is busy. He is eating. He is talking to his friends. He already got in his car. etc. etc."  I then verbally tell myself: 

"FEAR NO MAN!"

And then turn around and talk to them. So if you are not a member of the church, and you find the Mormon missionaries to be annoying, it is because they "fear no man". It is way fun. I think it makes God happy that I am trying to follow all those little feelings that I get, and which are kind of hard to follow. If you want to know who the Holy Ghost is, and how He can be more of an influence in your life, you've gotta follow what He says. DUH. 

That's all. Bye. 

Next time on... SURVIVOR!


When worlds collide 
The only time I have seen my San Ramon, California life and my Cambodia life collide is in my dreams. But this week it became a reality. Only those of you who are serving missions with me right now in Cambodia know who this goofy looking guy on the left is. Only those of you who have grown up with me in San Ramon know who the fool on the right is. But for ME, this is the strangest picture ever. Two worlds that I thought I would never see combine, have at once combined into one photo. 



Away in a manger



This picture is for my old companion, Elder Hall. I just wanted to tell you to name your first son Jim. 


More super cute Cambodian puppies. Don't Cambodian dogs look so weird? 


Classic. A common form of income for Cambodians is to sit on their motos at the corner of a street, and wait for someone to innocently walk by, in need of a ride. And then they will have this stranger hop on their moto and give them a ride. And quite often, they will take advantage of the moto to transport their belongings from one place to another. So here are two strangers on a moto, driving down the street with a window frame that is 10 feet tall. 



Cambodian people also only wear pajamas all the time. They are the comfiest race of people. 


Jack Jack 

Dallin's companion Elder Ros' email

58th Episode of អែលឌើរ រស់ - The Living Blue Rampage #FearNoMan














ជាតំបន់សូមជំរាបសួរ!,

        Best transfer hands down that I ever experienced in my entire mission, I can't just hold up my thoughts of what happened any longer from last week so here I go "PLEAM PLEAM" (immediately!):

     Well, on Last Tuesday (Note:April 26, 2016)  District Meeting was fantastic as usual, and this day was also literal#FearNoMan day when me and Elder Slavens and I contact anybody about the gospel no holding back, we don't even have much people to teach except a Less-active member named Ponleu. Other than that we spent most of the day just contacting over and over, even kicking REAN English Program to high gears. I even ended up preaching out loud to a neighborhood close to one of our recent convert's girlfriend's home. Me and Elder Slavens were about to visit one of our other investigator whom we're about to bluntly drop him dued to his progression (Chun) than all of a sudden this investigator wasn't so instead we prayed we contact furthermore around the area and just ended up testifying of the Gospel on front of a nieghborhood for a good while than a Look Puu that Elder Hunt and Elder Slavens contacted a while ago before I came into the area - wanted me and him to have a seat. It's probably on the most humbling missionary experiences I ever had in my life that I just use the power of my calling a missionary to bare testimony on a neighborhood even the drunk people behind the neighborhood went quiet for my testimony. Elder Slavens just stand there when I was like preaching then I was like what the "heck was I saying"? All of my testimony just burst out of my mouth since a random Neakming was asking me what race I am and just I deliberately ignore the question and just bluntly show what me and Elder Slavens are here to do! Yeah! 

   On Wednesday, we were visiting a active member in the Ward in Teuk Laak (our area of course)  to check how's he doing and committed him to help Elders in Branch 1 of Ta Khmau to help teach his brother over there this active cool member that's very good at English is know as "Mark"or Visal! Then later on I actually made a unusual attempt as me and Elder Slavens had permission from the Mission President is we had a small exchange with Vietnamese speaking Elder to have their helping contacting with us! Turns out it's tricky to adapt contacting with some one learning the Khmer language when fluent with Vietnamese, but got it all done I was contacting with Elder Nguyen for a while! Then later on we had a chance to meet a member that's less active but he returned to church as a return missionary whose known as Osophea! Cool guy, just helping understanding doctrine behind the restoration just to help him have a stronger testimony of the church although he's a return missionary. The Rean English Program was a blast just still going on helping students learning to pronounce words to help them understand English better for example "Where you go?".... the heck NO! it's "Where are you going?". Yep. We were invited to go to a setting apart of Mey and Mean the twins as they're about to become missionaries but the Stake President accidentally forgot and they got into a huge delay! Although me and Elder Slavens aren't able to participate on the setting apart we're very proud for the both of them to decided to serve there missions in Portland, Oregon, and the other in Salt Lake City, Utah leaving the home country for a while soon! 

    Last Thursday, we met up with Non again just watch the Restoration with him to help him understand why we met with him a lot lately. He does take work, but no one can force each other to get up to there spiritual potential in life. After that we had a big lunch having Elder Guang one of the Vietnamese Elder's Ribs in our apartment. He pulled off the fall-of-the-bone making me think he topped off "Dinosaur BBQ". (Check my hometown for more details.) Then, we just bother talking with several more people around the area to see if others want to learn about Jesus Christ and his Church! (Of course, we did Weekly Planning for a while but it got done for preparation's sake and always helping this area constantly!) What a good day! 

    This is what I though to be the big main event, but Elder Slavens believe what happened last Tuesday was pretty much it, I had the opportunity to serve with Elder Khiev from Kampong Cham Branch 2, Cambodia - ROUND 2 since a year ago since I was "born" in Ta Khmau Branch 2, except we both change. When I had the call in the last minute yesterday about having the exchange with him I was in doubt being the one to lead but turned out that as I embraced the exchange, it turned that this exchange was one of the best exchanges I ever experience in my mission I just basically what I was suppose to do on the agenda that the Holy Spirit wanted me and Elder Khiev to do and we done! I was super happy and yet I learn a whole lot with him since having this precious and sacred exchange! We've visiting some members that are Less active and did spend majority of the day contacting. That was so fun! Elder Khiev's the Elder though literally learning a lot as much as I learned from him! One of the most memorable exchanges ever in my life! 

    On Saturday, we had REAN English Program again on the morning with somewhat the same lesson format of the week and we pulled the class off pretty well, the students enjoyed English class because we are doing our best to teach English since we know it! Before hand I had a mini-exchange with Elder Try from Kiens Svay to have language study which was great! Then later me and Elder Slavens check on our recents converts finally meeting Sackda seeing how's he doing, like investigator he does take work, but does take a lot more uplifting and committing other to apply FAITH without leaning on Elders! Throughout more of the day both of us went to go contacting find more people to learn about the Gospel and then we decided to visit Poo Broh and his family to share a important lesson that's beneficial to them known as FASTING! Was a fun appointment and loving family to visit and help them come closer back to Christ as they're doing their best as a family! 

     Yesterday, we met up a new investigator this morning having help from who's formally known as "Elder Pom" meeting a cool Look Puu who works as a Guard know as Puu Kosal! Very excellent 1st lesson with he's been very open and understand of what we're sharing with him. He felt that God wanted us to meet and it happened! Goodness sakes I love this area so dearly! Church was great me and Elder Slaven bored Testimony throughout the Fast and Testimony meeting, some members from a different wards even bored strong testimony of the truthfulness of this Church. I really love this mission very much! I can forget this experience ever! BEST MISSION EVER! I am so grateful to have the opportunity to do my best to serve my divine heritage no matter, how many times they reject it while some are willing to hear what me and Elder Slavens share in these Latter-days! 

        I am a huge believer of miracles, I know that I am important to God and I know that that Gospel CAN bless anybodies just as long as we soften our hearts for it! Our job and life on earth is to become our best selves spiritually and physically as each of us take time to embrace the Gospel into our live, we truly be happy enough to even bless our families including! Plus, I know that Jesus Christ is truly the savior and our redeemer. My calling and authority as a missionary HAS POWER I know that I am called by God to serve my divine heritage no matter how much the adversary thinks how inadequate I am! Well, gotta get going! My time in this mission is actually! I am excited to skype my family soon ounce more! I am thankful for those who has been super supportive to me especially my ward family who's been cheering me on. Missions are indeed the hardest thing any member of the church can do but it can be done for I do know that with God all things are possible! Allons-Y! Stay Fantastic and God bless you all! And I close this post in the sacred name of Jesus Christ. Amen. (Despite that I lost my wallet - my second one luckily I kept my absolutely important stuff in our apartment I was still able to just keep going doing the Lord's work! Yeah!) 

ដោយក្ដីស្រឡាញ់, (With love),
🌏💓 -អែលឌើរ រស់ known as Elder Ros the Elder that lives on! 
P.S. The Gospel of Jesus Christ does indeed gives us true hope! And I will never regret serving in this mission because I love it so dearly in my heart! 

"I fear no man." - Elder Farbrizio Ricciardi from a mission in England

 "Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend. And again, believe that ye must repent of your sins and forsake them, and humble yourselves before God; and ask in sincerity of heart that he would forgive you; and now, if you believe all these things see that ye do them.  And behold, I say unto you that if ye do this ye shall always rejoice, and be filled with the love of God, and always retain a remission of your sins; and ye shall grow in the knowledge of the glory of him that created you, or in the knowledge of that which is just and true." - Mosiah 4:9-10,12 

No comments:

Post a Comment