Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Monday, June 6, 2016

I have been in the same area for 7 months now

Last week I told you guys about the Elder from New Zealand who moved into the same house as me, right? 

Well now I don't know if I can trust him. He is 6 foot 4, and he is very full of muscle. And every time I ask him if he speaks my language, he just smiles at me and gives me Vegemite sandwiches! I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE! So much Vegemite!!!! 

But it is ok, because a Krispy Kreme and Cold Stone have both officially opened in Cambodia. I feel so #basic  

This week Elder Ros and I started talking to one guy, and he asked us if we were the people from the Facebook post. And Cambodians in America have seen the post, just ask Elder Gardley. So yah, we are like the most famous people in Cambodia right now. 
As a result of my new found fame as an English class teacher, i would like to share some of my experiences. 

One dude keeps calling us asking if he can live in our church, which he thinks is a full time English school. 

And one of them members gave me her English class homework to correct. These are some of the sentences she wrote, see if you can help me decipher them: 
"Consideration, as well as more usually understood features such as, soil, climate, and food supply."
"We are cultural awareness and tolerance"

Yup. That's it. 










Elder Ros

ជាតំន់សូជំរាបសួ!,

       Sup everybody! Just want to shoot a post to show that me and Elder Slavens are still doing fantastic over here doing whatever God has us to offer here throughout last week and this week on this transfer! 

         This week was pretty straight forward, last Tuesday, we're still checking on Bong Seha to know how's he been and still going strong and consistent on pray and studying the Book of Mormon! Just taught about the Gospel of Christ with him! I love preaching the Gospel that can be explained in 5 steps! Later on we met with Bong Poleou a member that's from Kampong Thom but studies/ works in Phnom Penh particularly in our area! He's doing okay, but does take more faith building to do so me and Elder Slavens gave suggestions to him on how anyone can study the scriptures to understand better and what methods work for us! 

       Last Wednesday, was straight forward as well, we've been contacting for a while throughout the day then we had the REAN English Program as we taught this session of Class we as in ... me and other missionaries including Elder Slavens were devastated that not many people showed up jam packing our REAN English Program already, which was a shocker but then we realized it was International Childrens Day so.... Happy Childrens day everyone....YEAH! (Hope that didn't kill the viral-ness or interest on many of my heritage in Cambodia's interested to try out or show up to REAN English Class/ Program!

      Last Thursday, after organizing those we serve in this area including Weekly Planning, we contacted some more people about the Gospel even the FREE classes we offer in the Church! Lastly after that, we just visit Poo Broh. Sharing how's Christ arrival in the Ancient Americas so important as revealed in the Book of Mormon! Was a quick lesson because Poo Broh has to go work! Very fun family to visit and help! 

     On Friday, as continue to keep proselyting we manage to meet up with a return missionary known as Bong Sophal Mang, super nice guy as we had to chance to meet him! We just shared scriptures that are our favorite and committed him to find at least 1 verse or scripture that's his favorite before we meet again! The we proselyted REAN English ounce more but at the Asia- Euro University we're me and Elder Slaven went viral, few people has said that they saw us on Facebook which was fun to be constant on inviting many to learn English! 

      Saturday, wasn't as more impressive as Wednesday when we had REAN English Class, but I would love to share the fact that an Om that lived in America for a year has told me that I am GOOD when I volunteered to become a missionary to serve our own people in Cambodia inviting many to learn about this Church! I was truly touched! And felt very happy there's someone in this mission that gets what I am mainly here to do! 

      So I did came across along with Elder Slavens that as we contacts its the right time for us to start giving away the Book of Mormon for those that are ready! So last we actually had the chance to give away 2 Books of Mormon for those who want to find out more about this Church and the message we share everyday!


 Church was fantastic yesterday and our investigator's love this month fast and testimony meeting. Yeah! There's a lot to do in mission and there so little time I gotta blast! Love you! Stay fantastic and blessed! I won't give up at all in this mission and I know that me and Elder Slavens got this for with God... ounce again I'll type this again ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE....In the sacred name of Jesus Christ. AMEN! 
សូជំរាបលា!
🌏💓 -អែលឌើរ រស់  known as Elder Ros the Elder that stills lives on! 😇💊🛡🛃
"It is impossible for a man to be saved in ignorance."- D&C 131:6

And I would exhort you, my beloved brethren, that ye remember that every good gift cometh of Christ. And I would exhort you, my beloved brethren, that ye remember that he is the same yesterday, today, and forever, and that all these gifts of which I have spoken, which are spiritual, never will be done away, even as long as the world shall stand, only according to the unbelief of the children of men.Wherefore, there must be faith; and if there must be faith there must also be hope; and if there must be hope there must also be charity.   

And Christ truly said unto our fathers: If ye have faith ye can do all things which are expedient unto me. And again I would exhort you that ye would come unto Christ, and lay hold upon every good gift, and touch not the evil gift, nor the unclean thing.

  Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the grace of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God."
                                                                              
- Moroni 10:18-20,23,30,32

No comments:

Post a Comment