Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Women's HERstory month

What even happened this week. I can't remember. 

All I know is that Elder Ouk and I worked pretty dang hard. Just like, you know, visiting a ton of people and asking them whats up and teaching them about stuff and stuff. We gots people who wanna be BAPTIZED, you know???

Before my mission, I had no clue what a 1.)drunk person or a 2.)poor person looked like. Now I know very clearly. And when both those elements are combined into one person, it can be a very dangerous combination. They want a lot of rice.

We had a lesson with this one dude, and I was like "what should we teach? I think something new since he is smart and has been a member for a while" and Elder Ouk was like "let's teach about prayer" and I was like that's the first thing we teach to people. Not new, bub. But I decided to go with it, and when we get to this dudes house he started going off about how, even though he is a faithful member, feels like he's never had a prayer answered. 

Also let me tell you about what is going on today. We are doing a Halloween party. Don't tell anybody, but it is going to be a SURPRISE MURDER MYSTERY PARTY. Everyone is expecting a normal party with bobbing for apples and stuff, but little do they know that we have requested one Elder to DIE and another Sister to be the MURDERER. Pretty cool. 

I have 3 months left.

See you in 3 months.

Elder Slavens



​Sleepy


Wearing a hat


​Chickens and bikes and sand and chairs and legs and and. 


Robot 


When we went to Carl's Jr. I left a stellar review inviting them to learn about the gospel of Jesus Christ with my phone number left on the card. 

No comments:

Post a Comment