Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Sunday, November 20, 2016

I'm on a boat?

Water Festival- that is how this week started. The Cambodian Running with the bulls. We went down into the city where there were giant crowds of people just walking around, doing festival stuff, eating cotton candy, eating kettle corn and what not. We sat down and watched some boats race. The were super long and were full of 40-60 drunk Cambodian dudes screaming. i asked my companion if they were drunk on beer or life, he said it was most likely life. These boat men have found the key to true happiness (unless of course they are drunk on alcohol and not life).

We got together as a zone of like 30 missionaries and put on those schnazzy yellow LDS vests and cleaned a portion of the city that got destroyed during the water festival. Hopefully someone took a picture and we get famous.

Because I changed areas, I gathered literally EVERYONE I love in my last area into one party and said bye to all of them at the same time. It was really hard. I had to organize and get people rides to the district president's house. It was so awesome. 

Then I had to pack. And while I was packing the power went out because we never paid our electricity bill he he he he So I packed in the dark with no AC SO HOT. Then we slept on the roof and got destroyed by mosquitoes. 

Now I am in the Pursat province. It is fun here, but kinda lonely. Just me and my companion. I'm the only American lol. But my companion is super fun so that is good. 

I'll try with pictures here, but no promises. I've heard the computers out here in the jungle wipe all memory. I'm so scared hahaha bye. 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ cw1e9yznlsbdmmb/AABEM61nixbst_ Uif7YyNHU1a?dl=0

No comments:

Post a Comment