Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Sunday, January 22, 2017

awesome activities that all went bad

Thank you to everyone for sending hate mail to my dumb companion who kept trying to serve me and iron my shirts. There was one time when he not only ironed my shirt, but he wrote a note on my dresser that said, "you are special". I was so mad. So this week I washed all my shirts and then ironed them instantly. So that he couldn't iron them.

Cambodia is not letting me go easy. "Not without a fight," Cambodia keeps saying. Cambodia keeps trying to get me to stay (I think it is trying to get me to stay in the hospital) because I keep getting these crazy weird bug bites all over my body. I think it is bed bugs maybe? I don't know, but it is super awesome. Huge, itchy bites.

Here is a list of all the awesome activities we had planned that all went bad:

1.) A member asked us to come do service, but wouldn't tell us what the service was. Then when we showed up at their house, they just took off, making us chase after them. I thought they were doing like a surprise party or something, but they just led us to a patch of land that just had a ton of unfilled graves. I thought for sure we were gonna get murdered. But all they had us do was nail a sign that said, "land for sail" to a post. I was like, "was that it?" and they were like, "yup. That's it." So then we went home.

2.) The same members mom lived in America, but was coming back so we tried to do a surprise party for their arrival. But we borrowed the neighbors lights to hang in the house and the lights exploded so now we owe the neighbor a ton of money.

3.) A different member has been telling me about a school he wants us to come to to tell students about our English class, and when we showed up, It was a middle school with a ton of babies. So we told 100 babies about our English class.

4.) There is one less active member in this area, and he doesn't know any of the new members, so I tried to set up a "surprise birthday party" for him, even though it wasn't his birthday. I just wanted him to feel welcomed. So we bought a cake and went to his house. And he wasn't home... So there I was with a ton of members and a cake, and no one to give it to. So I called the dude and was like, "Are you free?" and he was like, "no" but then his mom was like, "let me talk to him" and then she was like, "HEY! There's like 1000 people here waiting for you! They are doing a birthday party for you! It is a surprise! Get here as fast as you can!" So he came. But the surprise was ruined.


That's it. Bye.

The scary service



Building a chicken house




Lesson with our old dude investigator


Another investigator whose mom calls us her children and loves selfies


We had to go talk to the police to ensure them that we are not here illegally and it naturally ended in them wanting to take pictures with us


The party with broken lights



The classroom full of babies


We just happened to be eating rice in a restaurant when our new
president started signing a bunch of papers, so I got to watch.


A snake bigger than any snake ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment