Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Week 2 Gotta dunk 'em all!

¡Hola, mis amigos y mi familia!

As week 2 comes to a close I wanna share with you guys a song that I wrote that conveys my feelings as a missionary. I'm pretty darn proud of it. It's called "Baptism", and it goes along to the tune of the Pokémon Theme Song. Look up a karaeoke version of that songs and sing this as loud as you can, and I guarentee you'll be pumped out of your mind.

I wanna preach the Savior's word
To Gentiles all around.
Across the waters will be heard:
My message so profound.

I will rise, and serve the Lord;
My armor girding me.
The Book of Mormon as my sword,
A MISSIONARY.

(Baptism! Gotta Dunk 'em all!)
My companions and me.
The church is true, you'll see!
(Baptism!)
Ohhhhhh,
We'll save them all,
And fulfill our sacred call!
(Baptism! Gotta dunk 'em all!)
Lord of Hosts!
The gift of the Holy Ghost!
Of my God, I'll gladly boast!
BAPTISM!
(Gotta dunk 'em all!)
GOTTA DUNK 'EM ALL!!

Yeah.

Proscelyting from door to door
The path narrow and straight.
People wonder what's in store,
So they investigate.

Follow me, and join the Son
Who rules in righteous reign.
Into battle, everyone!
We'll use the devil's bane:

BAPTISM! Gotta dunk 'em all!
[Finish chorus]

[Sweet guitar solo]

[Chorus again, with vigor]

BAPTISM!!


 

 


So yeah. That popped into my head and I got so excited I almost feinted! It's an interesting thing, because obviously it's totally goofy, but at the same time, it's like a manifestation of my testimony! This is how I feel as a missionary, and I want the world to know it!

Things are going really great here at the CCM; I'm learning so much it's crazy! We're in the class for like 10 hours every day, so each day I've got so much crammed into my brain that it's hard to even comprehend. I really hope I'm retaining most of it! I believe that I am though; the gift of tongues is a real thing, you know. No way I'd be learning as much as I am as fast as I am without the spirit to guide me! We got a new "investigator" this week, named Isaí, who's pretty cool! He actually agreed to be baptized in the first visit, which either means Elder Butterfield and I have some crazy superpowers or something, or they're going easy on us. I'm inclined to believe the latter. But still, we got pretty pumped when he said yes!

It rains here at like exactly 5:00 every single day. I've begun just clipping my umbrella to my belt so that I can be ready for the inevitable downpour that occurs every day. Some missionaries have simply stopped wearing their watches and started gauging the time by the rainfall! That's actually a joke, I'm pretty sure that doesn't ever happen. But I wouldn't be surprised if it did!! We're all starting to lose our minds a little in the abscence of music. The Elders and I sing pretty much everywhere we go, which is pretty fun. And during gym time I just resort to dribbling a basketball at a steady beat and singing along with it. Closest I can get to playing drums! But despite the quiet, it's so awesome being around a bunch of solid, righteous dudes who all work to bring one another up!

I hope you all have an awesome week! I know I will! Talk to you in una semana (one week)!!

Con mucho amor,
Elder Slavens




Bus ride to the temple


Mexico City LDS Temple







No comments:

Post a Comment