Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Saturday, March 7, 2020

Where in the world is Elder Slavens serving?

Hello listeners and readers of my weekly mail. I hope you enjoy this week. I enjoy writing so if you enjoy reading, well then It's perfect. 

News update on my life: still no clue what is happening. Nobody has learned anything. We heard we would get our calls yesterday but, nope. We are still here with no knowledge of the next 2 years. Kinda exciting. It's getting stressful cause we are supposed to leave in 9 days but not sure where or when we are really leaving. We are all guessing where we will be serving and I’m hoping for the East Coast. I hate the cold but it sounds fun to me. We’re going to have a second mission call opening when we get our calls so be expecting a video. 

This week was a very fast week. Less construction, more work. It was an amazing week. I learned so much and kept pushing myself to do more. I learned the more you push yourself and truly try, the more you will gain. Yeah, it's pretty obvious but it is so true. I have truly learned to rely and trust in God and His plan. In class we talk about the reassignment a lot. We still don't know what is happening but we have faith that it is for the best. We know whatever happens is what is suppose to happen. We are just going with the flow and know we gotta push forward with faith. 

We only have 9 days left in the MTC. It is weird to think that pretty soon we will all be out serving. It doesn't feel like we will ever leave here. It's like we are just living here the rest of our lives. But nope, we are out of here. We hope our whole district doesn't get separated. If we get reassigned we will have some language study time each day and it would be much better if we could study and speak Thai with others. If only. 

Today I had one of the most spiritual experiences of my life. We have a Sister in our district from Myanmar and today we got to baptize her for her mom. I have never felt the spirit so strong. I was able to confirm her and my hands were mega shaking. It was such a cool experience that I will never forget. When I got out of the temple Dallin and Hannah were walking in. It was such an amazing day and it just keep getting better. Just all in all a happy day. 

Alright, so this week we had a huge sleepover. We all threw our beds into one room but went to bed on time so no rules were broken. Nice of us. It was just a party week. We were all crazy all week and it was just super fun. I loved this week and can't wait to have another fun week and learn where I will be serving. Good week coming to me now. 

The end. I love you all so much. I hope you have a good week. See you next week. I'll let you know if anything changes. Bye bye world. 

But wait theres more! Everyone follow President Nelson's invitation and prepare for general conference. Read, study, and ponder. Do what you need. Love you. You got this!

Elder Slavens


The sleepover to end all sleepovers. 8 beds, 8 Elders. 


When service leads to CapriSun. Happy Friday to all of us. If you have extra CapriSun 
you can send it to me. Thanks. 


Elder Tiraphatna. That's all I need to say. 

No comments:

Post a Comment