Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Saturday, February 29, 2020

Thailand I may be coming for you

Another week in the MTC down. I've been here 7 weeks now. Man time flies by fast. We have 2 more weeks and a lot more to learn. We are grinding it out everyday and learning like crazy. It's been stressful not really knowing what's happening with our mission but it will all work out in the end. 

News update: So like I said, we don't know what is happening. We haven't really been informed and don't know where we are serving. We have received emails saying that people preparing will be reassigned or postponed but we are in the MTC now. Not too sure. We assume we will be reassigned but we have 2 more weeks here so we don't know. All I know is where ever I go I am suppose to go to. It would be pretty cool to serve in the states or somewhere for a little while to learn the gospel and the lessons better. Then I would get to Thailand after a couple transfers probably and my Thai would suck but I would figure it out. We will see what happens. I will most likely find out in the next week because we need to get our flight plans. That will tell us where we are serving and what's happening. 

On a more positive note, a new little Thai district just got here. They look so young, like babies. Most of them are older than I am but man, the MTC changes you somehow. Odd stuff happens here. I think the caffeine free Coke must make you older. Crazy how Coke does this to you. The baby Thai’s know so much already. They definitely are gonna pass me up in knowledge of this difficult language. That's ok. I am fine with that. 

Finally, I had my birthday this week. Happy Birthday me!  I am 19. I am old. Nothing big happened. We studied and had a TRC. Jae Hunt is a Thai monster. He speaks so fast and so many words nobody will ever understand. I don't suggest teaching him. He blows your mind and you just sit there lost and scared. It got better over time but it was a struggle. A great birthday present that's for sure. We told scary stories that night and I felt straight spooked. Scary stories are pretty scary. If you don't believe me try it. Tell scary stories. Good luck.

Ok not much else happened but I try to tell you what's important. I love you all and miss you all. Keep working hard and remember to rely on Christ. He loves you and always wants to help you. Keep that chin up. 
BYE. 

คอมพิวเตอร์
computer
แรงกดดัน
pressure

Elder Slavens
Trentbabe


I received In n Out this week. Shout out to Amy. If you know Alyssa Slavens and you know her aunt and it's your birthday. You are in luck.


This week there was a lot more construction and I loved it. It made my week. I would just sit there and stair. I forgot to study often and learned a lot about cement and how to make a sidewalk. 
It was a great week.


One of the sisters in my district is from the Philippines. She likes to draw. She drew me sleeping. 
Happy birthday me. 


The Thais. So many thais. So much language learning. So smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment