Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Week 5 Baby, this is it!

ONE WEEK LEFT, YOU GUYS!!

This is so very weird. My time in the CCM is coming to an end in under one week! I'm gonna go teach real people! In the distant land of Idaho! I have no idea what to expect, but I'm getting more and more excited by the day! Things are going well here, but I'm feeling so ready to get out there and do some work! This week my district made a goal to speak in ONLY Spanish until we leave! I actually failed miserably; I'm way too much of a talker to speak as slowly as I need to in Spanish. But I'll get it down eventually!

Today we got the chance to go to the temple!! It was so awesome to see something different for once; I have a pretty hard time with sitting in the same place for 6 weeks straight. But we took a bus out of the iron gates and drove out into the chaotic streets of Mexico City! Quite different from the CCM that I've been chilling in for the past few weeks. It was so great to see all the crazy stackable buildings painted crazy colors - and the TEMPLE! Gosh, what a gorgeous place! There's just such peace the moment you walk onto the grouds that can't be felt anywhere else in the world. And going through the temple in Spanish is something else! We went through the second week I was here and I've noticed that my comprehension of the language has shot up like times a billion. It's awesome seeing the gift of tongues playing a role in each missionarie's life, 'cause I know for a fact I wouldn't be figuring out Spanish without it.

Unfortunately, other than that, nothing has really happened this week! At least nothing really "to write home about", if you'll pardon the expression. Lots and lots of class, lots of Spanish, lots of Spirit, and lots of fun! I'm so excited to get out there and serve the Lord. This is His goespel, and I won't let Him down. I guess I'll end by throwing out some lyrics that have been on my mind recently, by Forgive Durden:

I know I am more than some eager blood.
Not some average bones; I belive in love.
I just wanna prove I deserve this gift.
I can change this world - Baby, this is it!

I love you all and I hope you're having wonderful lives! I'm praying for my friends and family pretty much constantly, so I hope you can feel that little help in your lives! Have an awesome week!!

Con mucho amor,

Elder Slavens




No comments:

Post a Comment