Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Sunday, January 15, 2017

I miss Justin Tjan

More information about my last companion, Elder Chao. He already finished his mission, but he will be missed (he's single, ladies. Hit him up). Ever since I met him for the first time, he always reminded me of Corbin Hansen, my cousin. 

When we were together, we spent one p-day at an investigators house catching frogs to take home to deep fry. It was way tasty. 

So anyways, back to this week. With my new and last companion Elder Walker, we had random dudes take pictures of us because we are white. 

Also we had 8 people come to church 2 weeks ago and 9 people come to church this week. That was so fun. 

I was told that since I was born in the year of the rat that I should marry someone who was born in the year of the cow. So this is a cry looking for any of those year of the cow ladies out there who are ready for a nice well groomed loyal year of the rat to wed. 

Since I am finishing my mission in 3 weeks they let me go to Siem Reap to see Angkor Wat, the most famous thing about Cambodia. A giant Hindu temple. We had to drive 6 hours to get back to our house, so we hitchhiked and got a ride with this baller who drove a Range Rover and he charged us 2 bucks each. 

Finally, I would like to tell you about Sina. He has learned about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints for as long as the church has been in the province of Pursat. 2 years. But for a year or so he disappeared. He was never really potential to be a member because of drug problems and stuff like that. But then, right when I got here, he came back.
And he came back HARD. He went to church early every week. He fixed every problem from his past. He sacrificed a lot to get to where he is today. He is super happy. So we taught him again and just baptized him. he told us he couldn't sleep because he was so nervous and excited to get baptized. 

So yah, that's it. Bye. 

The dude who drove the car taking us to Angkor Wat


The crew of other missionaries ending their missions with me who went too 


​Me taking a picture with a place


​And a million other people taking pictures too


​Giant ancient bathtub 


​Our slave (tour guide) told us that they do this with their hands to represent a lotus flower before the sun rises and it opens up, and that is also why they made the temple have a roof like that. 


I took a picture with an elephant (and was not afraid that it was going to crush my head)


And it wouldn't let me hug it. Jerk



I love Chinese tourists 


​Our Range Rover buddies (read emails for details) 


​super not ugly chick on tv 


​The scariest Christmas card ever that had no return address. Whoever sent this is a FREAK. 


Kid stole my camera and took a picture of me talking in church. It's a pretty sweet picture. 


Baptism


Sina


Baptismal font in our front yard


Then we used the water to wash our bikes




Dinner with investigators and members and stuff. 2 fresh ducks.


Visitors from one of the other branches I served in before. You my remember them as the ones who promised to take me hunting in Vietnam once I finish my mission. 

No comments:

Post a Comment