Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Monday, May 18, 2020

Don't take google for granted

I realized this week how much I really do miss Google. As a missionary your phone has mega restrictions and one of those restrictions is no Google. I love Google so much, and now I don't have it. Use it while you still can. It's a great tool. 

Also, I just really miss Spongebob. Someone, anyone, just watch Spongebob for me and tell me how it is and whether it’s good or not tell me it was great. Just sad times without my hero. 

This week not much really happened. It was a pretty normal week. And by normal I mean just sitting inside because Corona stinks. Arizona is starting to open up and there is no more mandatory quarantine but we, as missionaries, have to stay inside until someone tells our Mission President to tell us it is good to go outside and teach people. I am hoping that is soon. I am also hoping Thailand opens up so I can head to there. I know God has a plan, though and I will follow what He needs me to do and where He needs me to be. I'm just hoping and praying something happens because I am a little bored inside sometimes. Not much happens. Sad. 

We are still able to have a lot of member lessons. My companion and I cover 5 wards right now so we have a lot of people to text and set up lessons with. We have set up abut 20 lessons already and we have a lot more people to text. Exciting times. 

Ok, so if you remember, I told a story a little bit ago about me dropping and shattering my phone. Well, today I went to a place that replaces phone screens just to see how much it would cost. I handed him my phone he said, "Yeah, that would be $140." I'm like, “What?” This phone was only like $170. Why would anyone do that? So, now I have to live with the cracks on my phone and the memory of the poor, dead bird I was trying to bury when it all happened.  I guess I’ll just keep this phone until it breaks so much that I can't use it and am forced to get a new one.  Sad times for Elder Slavens. At least the bird is buried and is in a better place. 

Fun update. I ran out of conditioner so I went to target and got Dove lavender scented soap. It smells very good and let's just say I am pretty excited to shower now and smell like an angel. 

Ok, I finally discovered my favorite thing ever this week; shaving my legs. I learned shaved legs are incredible. Shaving your calves is so nice. So smooth and beautiful. Shaving your thighs gets prickly and uncomfortable to sit down. I really feel for all the ladies out there. It took like an hour and a half to fully shave and it was awful. My legs get so prickly so fast but it's all worth it when I get that nice shave and just look down and say, "Wow. Are those really are my legs?" I truly suggest it to all men, women, and children out there. Ok maybe not children but you get it. 

Enjoy life enjoy your week. Corona stinks and God is good. Love you all. BYE BYE. 

Elder Slay Out 

ทำไมไก่ถึงข้ามถนนโอ้ใช่ไปที่ด้านอัจฉริยะอีกด้านหนึ่ง
Why did the chicken cross the road? Oh yes, to get to the other side genius.

Alma 13:28-29. Good stuff 


It was Mont's birthday this week. Everyone wish him a happy birthday. I love my father. 13 years old never looked so good. 


Shave 2.0 Top that. I got tired of using the shower to shave so I decided to shave and use the sink at the same time. I can remove hair from my legs and remove bacteria from plates with good dawn soap. 


I made this to post on Facebook but you can look at it too if you would like. It's pretty good if you ask me. 


Me and my Guitalele. Yes, I shred. No I'm not good.

No comments:

Post a Comment