Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Monday, May 11, 2020

Ratatouille Ratatouille Ratatouille

I'm sorry, but I have decided that I don't want to be a troll in Dungeons and Dragons anymore. Let me explain: This week Elder Hall and I went on a walk. On the walk I thought, "Well, I know he plays Dungeons and Dragons, let's ask him some questions." I started asking him things. He then proceeded to tell me every character, every weapon, tons of spells, the different game types. Wow! He also told me he is a Dungeon Master who makes the scenarios and games, so I had him make one up on the spot. It had to do with Goblins. In case you are not aware, there are 3 different types of Goblins all with different heights and intelligence levels. Interesting stuff. But the reason I don't want to be a troll is because I asked who the bad guys are and of course, Troll was at the top of the list. You can be a troll, but they are evil. So, I decided I would rather be a Wizard named Spunkers. His wand is made of pvc pipe and he sings when he speaks. That's me and now I will win. 

So, as you probably can imagine, it was an interesting week. I learned a lot from my companion. I really learned a lot about missionary work, along with the History of WW2 and how cool maps are. My brain is overflowing. I don't remember my childhood anymore because it is full of Goblins and the Battle of Midway. It's complicating stuff. 

But, to be honest, being with Elder Hall is amazing. I am learning so much. We work so hard. We plan every morning and there is no empty space in that schedule and we are always, always doing something. I got some free time this week to do a puzzle. I think I hate puzzles. It took me like 3 hours and I got the boarder done. Like are you kidding? I am now so determined to finish that 1000 piece puzzle how ever long it takes. 

This week we also got some crazy changes from our President. We have less outside time and I have less language time and we have mission devotional calls every day now. Wacky!  But we are just going so hard and I need a nap constantly. I am always tired but,  “Power through, Elder Slavens!” And finally this week we went to the Church and had a photo shoot. I hope you enjoy the photos. I know I do.

Ok, so yeah, this week went fast and I did a lot, but it was great and I hope yours was just as good. Thanks for tuning in. 

Goodbye my lover,
Goodbye my friend
You have been the one 
You have been the one for me

Elder Slay

3 Nephi 18:18-20
หากใครรู้ว่าดันเจี้ยนและมังกรทำงานอย่างไรโปรดช่วยฉันเข้าใจขอบคุณมากขึ้น
If anyone knows how Dungeons and Dragons works please help me understand better thanks.

I just like Ratatouille. That's all.


Ok, so I took this photo the night before I was transferred last week. I hated it, but I am confident about my body even though I have a big neck or something in this photo. I didn't like it, but I have accepted it. Laugh if you want. I did. 





Here are 3 pictures from our photo shoot. If you would like more email me. This is truly some good content. I love this book and so should you.



We went on a walk and I saw this swing set and I said, "We have to go on those swings." As you can see from this photo we did go on the swings and it was the most fun I've had in 13 years. 


One day we decided to go on a walk. Man, Elder Hall loves to make his own path. We were walking through bushes and sand and dirt and rocks. I was like, "What is happening? Where are we?" We finally got to the end and it was just more dirt but I thought, “Ok, we can talk a photo.” So, we did and then we headed back through more bushes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment