Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Monday, May 25, 2020

ok huh what who how now?

Ok, well this has basically been the craziest week of my mission, or maybe even my life... Just not what I expected at all. I cried myself to sleep every night. Kidding, kind of. 

So it started as a normal week with normal lessons until Tuesday night. It was 9:59 and we got a phone call. We just heard, "Reassignments." We were like, “What?” They told us we were both getting reassigned missionaries as companions tomorrow. I was told I was moving apartments and had to pack and leave by tomorrow morning. The morning came and I packed up and was ready to go when the other 2 missionaries in our apartment got a call saying they were leaving and I was moving to their room. So, I packed everything to move maybe 10 feet. Nice! I had to move all my stuff just steps away, then we went to get our new companions. Elder Hall and I were only companions for 2 weeks and now my companion is Elder Weston. He is from North Logan Utah and has 9 siblings. He's the youngest and his next sibling is 10 years older than him. Wack. He was serving in Brazil and now he's in Gilbert with me. At this point we did not have an area we were serving in, no wards, no sim card to text members, and no clue what was going on. We “whitewashed” our area which means we both are new to the area and having to figure everything out. We received 2 wards and then we just went crazy. We have been calling members for like an hour and a half every day getting lessons set up, and dinner to eat. It has been mega busy. We have almost 3 lessons a day and next week we have 4 back to back lessons almost every day. Stressed, yes. But really Elder Weston is a very, very, very, very, happy missionary and we get along very well. We get to study language together. He is learning Portuguese and I'm learning Thai but at least I'm not alone learning a language. 

Besides that, nothing else has happened. I have learned I really enjoy tuna. Surprising, yes. It smells awful but tastes yummy. Canned tuna, mayo, salt, pepper, Wheat Thins. Prepare to have your taste buds dance. It's good stuff. I also made chicken and was scared I would get salmonella but we good. Also, we go on a lot of bike rides. Biking is fun but it makes your legs tired. I almost crashed 2 times this week. One of the times I fell, but somehow I jumped off and was still holding on, running next to my bike. Then I  jumped back on and kept going. Sounds confusing, I know. It's hard to explain but it makes sense to me so, yeah, sorry about that. 

My mission is completely insane but it's still amazing. I'm learning and growing and am always confused but it's the best. Highly suggest. Love you all and all people, go on missions. Thanks. It's fun stuff. Now enjoy your week. BYE BYE

Elder Slay
Elder Slaylien
Elder Tuna Breath

Moroni 7:13 YES GOOD

ผมชอบที่จะเท้าเปล่ามากกว่าสิ่งใดและผมก็ชอบที่จะวางลงผมสามารถทำสิ่งเหล่านั้นตลอดไป
I love being barefoot more than anything and also I like to lay down. I could do those things forever.


Here tis me and here tis Elder Weston. Maybe I'll start calling him Elder Wheaton. But we love the church and we love helmets. They keep you safe. 


We went biking and went to this complex. These two old fellers in the statue are the owners, I assume. They look nice. 


I know this looks nasty. It was. One morning I thought maybe I'll eat raw eggs. Then I thought I'll add protein powder and milk. I wanted to puke when I tried it so, I decided to cook it. I thought it might be better. Nope, still super nasty. I wasn't sure if it looked more like ground beef or refried beans. Let me know what you think. 


First picture together of the dream time. After this I made myself chicken and eggs. It was a good day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment