Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Wednesday, January 13, 2021

The Covid man

WHAT'S UP FRIENDS. My name is Elder Slavens. Call me The Covid Man. I'll just say it was a wild week. Many things happen, many things also don't happen. Wonder what that means? I can tell you if you ask politely. Say please. Ok good thing you said please or else I wouldn't tell you. Let us begin. 

Alright so the beggining of this week was good. One of my missionary buddies went home so we got to hang out a lil on pday and say bye to other missionaries. It was fun but sad. We went to the same appartment complex I used to live at in Queen Creek. Little did we know people there were sick and a couple were tested positive with Covid. Cool right! On top of that a few days earlier we were knocking doors and a member came out put his hands on our shoulders and said, "Hey my son has covid, come back later?" We said, "Umm ok, we have Covid too now." We didn't think we did but then we went to encentada as well and yeah good times. So we told the nurse and she said, "Yeah you gotta quarantine and lockdown". Sad for us. We locked down and then we got a few symptoms. So my nose is wack. I can smell fine but some foods smell acidic and like spicy. Hard to explain but true. Here is a list of spicy acid foods:
Ketchup 
Ranch 
Canes sauce 
Panda Express orange chicken
white bread 
wheat bread 
Canes texas toast 
the fridge in general 
drawer in desk
the outdoors 
bathroom in the back of the house 
something while walking through kitchen 

As you see some bizarre things smell acid to me. Elder Story is having breathing problems but like nothing is too bad for us. So we have been locked in and it sucks. It's like the first 4 months of my mission in Arizona all over again. Rip. So we have just been studying a lot and calling people and lots of that stuff. Yay.

Exciting part of the week is when the nurse said President wants you to go get tested. I guess everyone with symptoms has to go get tested but we drove and did the spit test. Not gonna lie I wanted the big stick one to see what it was like but oh well. So I don't know if we have covid right now but I guess we will find out soon enough. But besides that we still trying to survive. Also we have transfers this week. Story and I are staying together again but are geting a third companion. This is legit my 5th trio. It's getting crazy how many trios I am in. Not fun. Oh well I need to learn something once again. His name is Elder O'Conner but he can't transfer here untill we are out of quarantine in like a week. If we test positive idk what happens. I guess we will see. 

Well that's all. Don't go to the encentada complex, don't let ketchup smell acidic, don't get locked inside. Not super fun. I still love you all though. Bye bye have a good week. 

Elder Slavens
Elder The Covid Man (Maybe)
Elder We Put A Couch In Our Room
Elder Ketchup Nose

3 Nephi 5:13 one of my favorites 
 
คุณเคยสงสัยไหมว่าจะได้รับซอสมะเขือเทศและไก่สีส้มของคุณเพื่อกลิ่นเหมือนกรดผมสามารถช่วยให้คุณทำอย่างนั้นได้อย่างแน่นอน มันดูดแต่มันสนุก
have you ever wondered how to get your ketchup and orange chicken to smell like acid, I can most definitely help you do that. it sucks but it's fun.


Lo and behold our covid tests. The spit test was so wack but we did it. Crazy, you spit and you know if you have covid. Science is so cool.


Us right before Elder Heinhold my buddy went home. Sad times. 
We've all had some good times together. Enjoy home life.


District show and tell day. I brought bingo. I'm not that good at bingo but I said I was. 
We all had little items it was quite an exciting time.


Oh yeah I just got this picture but this was when we had the Christmas zone party. 
So cute! Gotta love the AGM.

No comments:

Post a Comment