Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Monday, May 3, 2021

Oh Slay where have you been?

 สวัสดีครับ Hello Howdy 


WHAT'S UP. ELDER SLAY IS BACK. 


All I can say is man what a wild past few months. So you may want an update on my life. I can give you an update if you want. I guess here it is. So we got crazy times around us right. Well I've been reassigned again and now I am serving in the Texas Houston East Mission. HUH? Yeah. I got here just a little bit ago and man it's been a crazy last few days.


So first I will say sorry if you have missed me but don't you worry I have returned and I will never ever leave you again. I'm here for good and I'm here for you. 


Now Texas. Yee haw am I right. Texas is a wild place. So my mission is a little part of Houston all the way to like the middle of Louisiana. Right now I am serving in Houston East it's in this place called Pasadena. I like to call it Stinkadena because you know it smells bad. But Texas is always very humid it will start randomly raining and there are always bugs everywhere. There are cockroaches at dinners, there are cockroaches in our kitchen, it's basically pretty cool not going to lie. I laugh every time I see a bug and they are everywhere so I'm gonna lose my laugh box like Spongebob in that one episode where Squidward tells him if he laughs too much he won't be able to anymore. Wish me luck.


Alright here are some of my favorite moments. 


We do service for this old guy every week and he just sells metal for fun. Like his hobby is selling metal. Interesting I know. We loaded his truck with hundreds of pounds and he got an astonishing $22. I may need to join the fun metal club.  


Our apartment smells like cigarettes and is the jankiest apartment I've ever been in. The shower is black, the dish washer doesn't work, the sink is falling apart, the blinds have fallen off 2 times already so we gave up, there's a pipe aiming towards the shower that just says the word pipe and I don't know what comes out of it but idk if I wanna know. Oh yeah and again we have cockroaches so they are going to call people to deep clean this place and roach bye bye this place. Good for them and us. 


Ok now some others things that aren't part of that list but just are memorable I guess idk. 


We went to this guys house for his birthday party. He is 41. We had pizza and cheesecake and he told us about his xbox and his games and how much he loves rootbeer floats for maybe 35 minutes. A pretty good conversation. Also he sneezed and I saw the cloud of sneeze stuff fly. Luckily it was straight to the ground. Still kinda exciting. 


We talked to this girl named Sylvia and it was such a sad phone call. People are very open and happy to talk and really tell you all of their problems and issues. It's really cool how humble and open people are but I don't like sad conversations. But we are teachers of happiness and God's plan so ultimately we are the right people to call. 


Oh yeah my companions name is Elder Winder. He is from Highland Utah and is friends with some people I served in Gilbert with. Small world am I right. I love him and we get along so well. We have the same personality so you already know we are wild but reverent boys. 


Yeah so it has been a pretty weird readjustment to go from one mission to another but it has been pretty exciting. God needs me here for something and I am just going to do what it takes to do that thing. Even though Texas is pretty open and everything is bigger in Texas we are still not able to knock on random doors or just talk to people on the street so we are working from our apartment but are having lots of lesson and dinners. It's my favorite. I'm way happy and excited to be here. Texas is probably the most opposite thing from Arizona so it's been so funny seeing opposites of everything. I have really learned so much in this little time I have been here and excited to keep living it up and working as hard as I can every day in ol' Texas. Yee haw sir yee haw. 


Love you all lots. I just have to say one thing. Not going to lie I don't really like the word y'all at all for some reason just doesn't fit my personality but I feel I have to say it at least once here. So I love y'all. Ok glad that's over with. I've missed you guys. Email me. Say hi to me, or howdy whatever you would like. Never forget I love Spongebob, I love Michael Bublé, I love corn dogs a lot, and I love being a missionary. Have a wonderful week. 


Elder Slavens

Elder Slay Is Back

Elder Yee Haw

Elder Also Howdy Cause Texas

Elder Laugh At Bugs In Texas Cause There Are A Lot Of Them. 


ผมพนันได้เลยว่าคุณพลาดข้อความภาษาไทยเหล่านี้ไม่ใช่คุณพวกเขากลับมาดีและไม่ต้องกังวลว่ามันจะชั่วขณะหนึ่งแต่ผมยังใช้ Google แปลว่าเขียนเหล่านี้ไทยเป็นเรื่องยาก

I bet you have missed these Thai messages haven't you. Well they are back. And don't worry its been awhile but I still am using google translate to write these. Thai is hard


Alma 24:27 I like this lots. I know that yeah God does work in many many mysteries ways for the salvation of His people. That may be why I'm here to save me and help me save others. I love it and this scripture lots. 



This is me with my companion and my mission president and his wife. My companion is the one to the right of me if you were wondering. Just had to clear that up. 



Luckily it's warm here so I don't have to be cold cause I dislike being cold but crazy Elder Winder still wears sweaters. Silly boy. 



This is our pipe that says pipe. I really don't get it or get what it does. I've asked my companion and he doesn't know either. I guess we will find out when pudding or something comes out idk. 



Giddy up. Yee haw. Howdy partner. G'devening laddie. 



Animals. They got animals here. This snapping turtle tried to eat my frisbee what a mean guy. 

Don't worry we put him back in the lake after this image was taken. No need to fear friend! 



That awkward moment when you go to someone's house for dinner and they say, 

"Hey go make our chili and beans". Yes sir yee haw. 


No comments:

Post a Comment