Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Sunday, March 6, 2016

USE THE CHAIR!

That is a direct quote from Shrek, everyone. 

I learned a fact this week. I learned that the shortest people in the world as a whole are Cambodians. 

This week was hilarious. We took time to call every single member, and call every single less active member who hasn't come to church in forever. And none of them had time to meet us. I want to meet the member so I can see if there is any way I can help. I also want to pump them up to share the gospel with their friends. I know that is the most effective way to do missionary work. BUT NOT IF THE MEMBER WON'T MEET YOU. So me and my adorable Cambo Compy hit the streets and just talked to randos all day everyday. Lol it was rough. But way fun. 

The highlight of the week was when I thought our investigator was breaking up with us. His name is Two One. He stopped calling us and he skipped church a couple times. I would call him and he wouldn't answer. So I thought he was breaking up with us, and I fell into a state of depression. I KNOW those of you who's lovers break up with you have felt the same way.

But listen to this. This is something else I'm sure a lot of you have experienced. He wasn't actually breaking up. He just got a job at Dominoes pizza. DARN YOU DOMINOES!!!! So he didn't actually want to break up, but he is just a busy pizza dude now. But while I was in my state of depression because I THOUGHT he wanted to break up, I would just lay on the floor and sing "For Good" from Wicked to myself. 

I'll be getting a new companion named Elder hunt from San Diego, California soon. So watch out for pictures. I'm gonna miss Elder Miah because he is aweosme. He's going to merry old England tomorrow. I think he's flying a nimbus 2000 to get there. 

See yah later, farts.
Me sending off this tall drink of water


My companion would be perfectly fine in this world if both his arms got chopped off


And I would be the one to chop them off 


But i had to pass on the mask, just as every great hero does. 


I loved discovering my companions face as he cleans his ears 


and being able to re-discover it over and over again everyday 


The girl on fire


We also taught a member how to make salad this morning


And it was so froggy fresh

No comments:

Post a Comment