Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Saturday, February 15, 2020

1 month down 23 to go

This week went by mega fast. Weeks go by faster and faster and I learn more and more. I actually can somewhat speak now and can understand a lot more than I used to be able to, unfortunately just not in Thai, lol. I have officially been in the MTC for a month now. That went by very very fast. I really can’t believe it. It feels like I've been here for 6 hours, but no, Elder Slavens it’s been 4 weeks. Nice try. 


This week. . . .  let's see what I did.

We decided to set a random goal for each day and let me just say, nearly impossible.

Monday I tried to eat only fruit and water. Failed. 

Tuesday I did 300 push ups. Success.

Wednesday, let me take some time to discuss this day. The goal was to speak Thai and only Thai all day. Everyone else failed but I knew I could do it. Since I know almost no Thai, I just sat around all day quiet. No words. Nothing. So sad. I was so lonely. Life sucks without English. Success? (You decide).

Thursday try to read 12 verses of the Book of Mormon in Thai.  Fail. 

Friday give 30 compliments. Fail (how did I fail that one?)

So all in all not a great track record.

On a positive note, we taught our first Thai TRC this week (lesson with an outside investigator). It actually went so much better than we expected. We taught about Joseph Smith and the first vision. It was such a spiritual experience. It was amazing. We repeated ourselves a lot because we don't have a very extensive vocabulary but I learned so much and I know our investigator did too. We bragged about how good we were afterward. Everyone was pretty jealous. 

Not a ton happened this week. I want a funny story but I’ve got nothing. Usually I am laughing while writing my email but this week was a lot more work and a lot less play. Less construction, less broken elevators, no ladies rooms, but I still have my fort. I sleep like a baby every night. I look forward to getting in bed and having complete darkness. It makes me so happy.

We are learning a lot and are working hard. We have a month left in the MTC and a lot to learn. Let's hope I keep working hard and learn what I need to learn. Again, if anyone has a pill or food that makes you learn a language go ahead and send it. Thanks.

Peace out fans. See you next week. Enjoy life and don’t learn Thai. Its rough. BYE

Elder Slavens
Elder Slay
Fish Boy

โจเซฟ สมิธแปลพระคัมภีร์มอรมอนโดยอำนาจของพระผู้เป็นเจ้า 
Joseph Smith translated the Book of Mormon by the power of God. 


Happy Valentine's Day from us 2 to you Earth.


Prepping for hosting. Feeling fly, not too shy.


All I know is we are good at self timer mode. It's a beautiful thing. Technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment