Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Saturday, February 22, 2020

Dang Corona

Another week down and they just keep going faster. This week was a lot of hard work; lots of learning and studying and working. We focus a lot on memorizing phrases and words now and it is hard but the more you practice the better you get. In class we get to teach our teachers as if they were investigators and it is such an amazing experience. Even though I know it's my teacher, it always feels so real. I feel like they are learning and growing. It really helps me see how much I am improving. Each lesson I can say more and testify better. I am growing and improving each day. 

This week we had the opportunity to hear from Jeffrey R. Holland. It was an amazing experience. I got to sing in the choir and we sang Hope of Israel. It was very very powerful. If there is any way you can find this devotional online do it for the following reasons: 

1. You will hear an amazing talk about missionary work

2. You will hear an amazing choir and bonus,

3. I was on screen a lot while singing so you can see me. That's all. 

Also this week we learned that the Corona Virus has spread to Thailand. We don't know for sure what is happening but all of the missionaries serving there now can not leave their apartments. All people are locked inside and they may shut down the mission for a little. We heard we will be probably reassigned at least temporarily but we don’t know where to. I know whatever happens it’s part of God's plan. He knows what is best and knows how we can be better. I am excited to see what the future holds. I'm not too sure at this point. I was sad at first because I was excited for Thailand but I see it as a second mission. Whatever it is it’ll be a good adventure. 

We see lots of new missionaries come in to the MTC and leave while we’re still here slaving away. It is sad and makes us excited to get out of here. We have 3 more weeks and a lot more to learn. Let's hope we learn enough and are ready to serve. Again, no clue where I will be or what language I'll be speaking, but i'm ready for whatever is coming. Bring it on. 

That's all. Love you all and I will let you know if any news comes out about my future. Exciting! Love you bye bye. 

ฐานะปุโรหิต
Priesthood  
โจเซฟ สมิธ
Joseph Smith

Alma 7:11-13 Read. Ponder. Love.

Elder Slavens
Elder Slay
Trentbabe



Room did not smell the best. Now it smells like Angels.


The mashed potatoes here are just a ball. Do not recommend!


TRC party. We love learning and teaching Thai. That's for sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment