Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Monday, April 6, 2020

I found a lizard this week!

สวัสดีเพื่อนของผม aka hello friends of me. Yes you can just say it. I am a pro at speaking, writing, reading, thinking in Thai. Gilbert Arizona the town with no Thai’s is teaching me. JUST KIDDING. I am forgetting everything here. I ain't anywhere near a pro. To be honest, I used google translate to type that so you know as much as I do. Congrats! You (reader of this email) basically spent 9 weeks in the MTC learning Thai. I am so proud of you. I bet it was difficult but you did it. You did not let anything stop you, not even Corona from going to the MTC and learning this language. Wow! Round of applause for you!

Besides not being a pro at Thai and losing my Thai slowly, not much else happened this week. Well we had General Conference but I will get to that, don't worry. This week every day was pretty slow. Wake up at 6:30, lay there for awhile until I finally wanted to get up and start my day. I have been working hard all day though. I was able to finish the book “Saints” before General Conference. This book is a monster. It is a 586 page, 46 chapter book. It's huge. It is basically about the Saints and the restoration of the Church. I suggest you read it right now. Besides that, this week I talked to more people on Facebook and worked hard reading the Scriptures and preparing for conference. It was a very good week.

On Friday, right before I went to bed, I once again got a few random friend requests on Facebook but I said, “Oh well, that's fine.” and I went to bed. I woke up and had another 117 requests. I do not know why this keeps happening to me. I do not know any of these people so I just gave up and put my phone down. I am not going to deal with this issue. I am lazy. It is interesting and I don't know if I am just very attractive or because I have the last name Slavens. Whatever it is it's working because people flood to me. I then checked again and I had a few messages from people saying, “Hello handsome.” So now I am leaning more towards I am handsome and that's why people follow me. You can take your own guesses, but that is my guess. 

Since I have been in Gilbert, Arizona I have not had a schedule or any idea what is going on. That is going to change this week. We just received an email with a whole new schedule we are suppose to follow every day. It is going to be a lot of work but it will help us to be productive and stay focused. I am excited for this week and our new fancy schedule. 

WELL CONFERENCE WAS AMAZING! I learned so much during conference and it also really helped me find answers to questions and guidance I need in life. Every single speaker was so powerful and so directed  by the spirit AND we had 2 youth speakers. I mean, WHAT? It just kept getting crazier and crazier. Not going to brag, but watching conference as a missionary is so much more exciting. You are just screaming and every single word is like a spiritual knife to the heart. I had goosebumps for probably 75% of conference. I know President Nelson is a true prophet and I know that Joseph Smith truly did see God and Jesus Christ 200 years ago. I learned that we can work every day to improve ourselves as we all need to prepare to see God again. As we follow the footsteps of the Savior we can truly become better and stronger. This Church is true and if you apply the messages to your life you will be blessed.

I love you all and hope you had the chance to listen to conference and allowed the words to change and help you. Have an amazing week. I know life is hard with this Corona business but as we look to Christ for guidance we will be guided and saved. Stay safe and have fun. 

BYE BYE  โชคดี

Elder Slavens

READ D&C 121: 7-9 You do not have to battle Corona alone. You have friends and most importantly Christ. Rely on Him and endure it well.

ผมสุ่มจับภาพวิดีโอของอนาคอนดาที่กำลังกินสุนัขตัวโตที่กำลังมองหาในสัปดาห์นี้และผมสรุปว่าผมกลัวอนาคอนดาส.
I randomly stumbled upon a video of an anaconda eating a big dog looking thing this week and I have concluded I am scared of anacondas.


On my mission I have realized one of the best things ever is to shave your ankles. You never get the pain when the hair on your ankles get crushed. This will solve your problems and you look mega cool. Do it. I dare you. 


I was sitting in the house just looking outside pondering when I saw a lizard. I named him Shark. 
Enjoy my photos. He was so nice. He ate a fly! Shark and then Shark and me.


I am just patiently waiting for the day I can watch this movie. Facebook ads do not fail me ever.


If you think I am attractive as do most people on Facebook you will enjoy this photo. If you also enjoy bread and or Nutella and or both I suggest this meal. You can purchase this food in most local Walmarts. 
A great “Corona locked me in my house” snack. 


Here is my fancy schedule for the people interested in my life. Let the week begin.

Finally, I hope you enjoy this Thai song. I know I do. I don't understand the words but I can feel the words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment