Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Monday, April 27, 2020

Okay just call me Elder Eminem

An unexpected week that's for sure. 

I'm just going to get down to the nitty gritty now and start with a story. 

This week on Monday I was on the phone with my family and when I said bye to them I realized all the Elders were in the backyard. I went back and they said, “Look there are scorpions!” I looked, and lo and behold, scorpions. One Elder tried to get rid of one so we would be safe, and he done got stinged in da forearm. We were all kind of freaking out but we got rid of it the scorpion and then iced his arm and gave him medicine and stuff. We thought, “Yeah, we are fine.” Not true. We got into bed and were all about to fall asleep when the Elder who got stung, Elder DeFord, said he was feeling tingly. It kept getting worse and pretty soon his body was numb and he couldn't feel his throat when he swallowed. We decided, "Yeah let's call the mission nurse" and she told us to get on this app and wait for a doctor to help us and tell us if it's really bad. We waiting on that app from probably 11PM to 1:30AM. It was awful. We tried to stay awake while Elder DeFord was rolling on the ground tingling and shaking. Looking back it was very funny but at the time, yeah, it wasn't. We were able to give him a Priesthood Blessing and we could all feel the spirt very strongly. We finally got through on that app and the doctor took a look at him and said, "Yeah you need to go to the Emergency Room.”  Elder DeFord was now having trouble breathing and thinking. We all piled into the car at around 2 AM then drove to the ER. We dropped him off and checked him in, then we went and just waited in the car. We all tried to stay awake but kept falling asleep. Finally, he called us, we got him and drove him home. They pumped him full of anti-Venom and all this other fun stuff. I think he just gotten a lot of venom and he, for some reason, had a really bad reaction. It was pretty crazy and we were dead tired the next day but at least we didn't have venom in us. 

Also this week my companion and I decided to go on a little bike ride and I was riding behind my companion when out of nowhere, BAM!,  I crashed. I think I let go and my wheel turned really sharp or something. I don't even know what happened but I was just dead on the ground. I got up and a lady asked if I was ok to which I responded, "Yes Ma'am". I am so polite. We got back and I couldn't bend my wrist so I think I sprained it. Luckily it has started to feel better now because I did a little voodoo magic on it and we’re good. Ok, kidding, I prayed that it would get better and would you look at that? I can kind of bend it already. Amazing. The Power of Prayer!

Finally, I have been talking to this guy from Ukraine on Facebook and I guess I am very nice to him but I told him "If you ever need anything let me know". He said, "Actually yes, I would love you to be my brother for eternity. I don't have any siblings and I would love to have you as a brother". I basically said, "Yeah, sure I'm down". So now we are brothers. If you check my “about” info on Facebook it says we are brothers. Yay, now I have 4 brothers. Chancellor, Dallin, Jackson, and Suchet a random Ukranian man. You're welcome Mom.

This week we had the opportunity again to continue teaching a lot of members and I was able to call some friends and help them prepare for their missions which was amazing. I hope I helped them and I know it helped me. Missions are amazing and I hope all my friends are preparing and are excited to serve. It's the best thing ever. Even in hard times it is all worth it. Christ did so much for us. Might as well give up this little time and do what I can to grow and learn about him and about myself.

This was a super duper week. I loved every second. Even though I destroyed my wrist and we went to the Emergency Room it was still great. I hope your week was great too. If you are bored send me the highlights of your week. I would enjoy that. Stay safe and have fun this week. 

Oh, I also buzzed my head. Baller buzz is back baby. I am Eminem now.

BYE BYE 

Elder Slavens 
Elder Eminem 
Elder Buzz
Elder James Mcavey 

หากคุณฉวัดเฉวียนหัวคุณไม่จำเป็นต้องใช้แชมพูมาก
If you buzz your head you don't need to use that much shampoo.

Alma 5:62 Wow this good stuff. Please read.




We went to a members house to get haircuts and they said, "Ok your turn". I said, "Just buzz my head". 
And now here we are. 


The Baller buzz never fails. Enjoy. Just really take it all in and enjoy.



The moment the hair left my head I couldn't stop rapping. Here is an example. I truly believe I'll be the next Eminem. 
Or THE Eminem. Just give me 2 months and I'll be there.


My new phone background. Thanks Leo for making me a better person. I strive to be a Leo.


This week I tried 12 eggs. It sucked. Too many eggs


I look like this man. If only I have a red turtle neck. If anyone has an extra you should send it to me. Thanks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment