Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Monday, July 13, 2020

I'm gonna name my child Spongebob

Evening fellow humans living here on Earth. Tis I Elder Slavens. I have returned for yet another email. How exciting right!

I feel like Corona is that friend nobody really likes. Corona is just always here and doesn't go away. Rude right. It's crazy how long this stuff has lasted. Maybe it'll end one day. Who knows. 

Missionary work and my life have been pretty much the same. I am inside, I make videos on Facebook, I speak Thai by myself, the couch is my best friend. Good stuff out here in Gilbert, Arizona. For anyone wondering, no I have not heard anything about Thailand or when I will be going. They do not tell us much here. I have heard Thailand is getting better and they can go outside and such but I still have no clue when I can go there. We shall see. 

But here is a mega positive. I didn't write about this last week but we are teaching someone now. Her name is Angela. She is Elder Weston (my companions) cousins daughter. He barely knows her but we have been able to teach her and it is amazing. She is from Idaho and she is learning and growing so much. We have taught her about 5 times now and it has been so coooool. She did not know much about the gospel or the church really before but man she knows a lot know. She is the best. Angela has had amazing experiences with prayer and reading the scriptures already. Wow I love it. 

Also as I said we are making lots of Facebook videos. True. This week we made the best video on planet earth. We duct taped me to a door and took me around all these places. It sounds cool right. Opposite. Well it was cool, but not temperature cool. It was 110 degrees and I was taped for 3 hours. Worth it. 

I have a confession. I have held my pencil wrong my whole life. I have always been made fun of for holding it wrong. That is changing right now. I am teaching myself to hold my pencil the right way. It sucks, not going to lie it is really awful. I can barely write and it's mega chicken scratch. That is ok, I am improving. Also I still have a cast so that doesn't help. But wish me and my hand luck. 

Enjoy reading this. Now enjoy your week. Now I will say goodbye. Goodbye bye bye. 

Oh if anyone has ideas for videos we can make let me know. I'll literally do anything. Thanks. Bye.

Elder Slavens
Elder Duct Tape
Elder 118 Days Inside

สัปดาห์นี้ผมสอนผู้ชายจากประเทศไทยในภาษาไทยให้เย็นใช่ใช่ผมเป็นลำโพงไทยมืออาชีพ
This week I taught a man from Thailand in Thai. So cool right? Yes, I am a professional Thai speaker.

Genesis 28:15 The Bible is mega confusing but this verse is cool.


This is Elder Bahian once again. He took this selfie on my phone. Thought you would like it. Welcome.


So here I am taped to a door. The tape is  suppose to like resemble mistakes that hold you back. 
It makes sense. I promise. 



Enjoying myself being taped to a wall. Eh not really, but it was fun not going to lie. Try it! 


BEHIND THE SCENES. NEVER BEFORE SEEN FOOTAGE. I CAN'T STAND ON MY OWN AS A DOOR. SAD!


I would just like to thank my Mom for letting us look really cool. If anyone knows Spongebob Squarepants 
tell him I am his biggest fan. Thanks lots.

No comments:

Post a Comment