Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Monday, August 17, 2020

Tren Speak the Thai

Good evening. I am Elder Slay, also known by many other names. I am in Gilbert, Arizona and it is only like 115 degrees every day, not bad. That's about all you need to know about me. 


This week was quite a high quality week, but at the same time almost nothing happened. We had lots of member lessons and just normal stuff we have done every single week ever. I waxed my legs a few weeks ago and all the hair started growing back so I shaved once again and man it's so nice. My legs are the smoothest in town. If you are reading this once again I suggest you shave your legs right now. You 100% won't regret this decision.


This week I learned one of the most confusing and complicated things in the world. I learned how to solve a rubik's cube. Shoot those things are the worst. I am most definitely not good at it but I can do it. It takes so long and every time I get all the colors the same I think, "Wait what, how did that even happen". I think I confusing myself on how cool I am. I am a skilled Elder. If you want to learn how to solve a rubik’s cube email me. I most likely won't be able to help but I guess I can try my best.


Alright so 2 things that were cool happened this week. Want to hear them? Ok I'll tell you. So I think it was 2 times we went to the Gilbert Arizona Temple. We couldn't go inside because it is still closed so we just walked around the temple and sat and just stared at it. 1 of the times we got Krispy Kreme before so we just ate doughnuts and looked at the temple. Precious right? Ok the other cool thing this week was we got to speak Thai. They have a few Thai restaurants around here so we went to 2 restaurants until we actually found people that speak Thai. Ok I guess I still stink at Thai because I barely understood anything. She was busy, quiet, and had a facemask on but still Elder Smith and I left like, "Ok, What just happened? What did she say". I guess we will never really know. But yeah that was exciting. 


Well I do hope you have a good rest of your week. If anyone know anything else I can master or learn while in quarantine please tell me. I want to be a monster at so many things when we get to go back outside. Thanks. Bye now. 


Elder Slavens

Elder Slothbrain

Elder Brelder (Thanks Alyssa)


Gid is my favorite Hero from the Book of Mormon. He has a band. How cool is that right. Like guitars and flutes. It's sweet. Go Gid! 

Alma 57:29 


I will just tell you cool Thai words today


เคล็ดลับ-Q  

Q-Tip


ตบเบา

Dab


ถุงเท้า

Socks



Elder Waldrop took a quick nap one day and I was very confused. Of everywhere in the house why would you take a nap here. 

I still haven't found the answer to this question. 



When you randomly decide to drive all the way to Krispy Kreme to get doughnuts and then randomly decide to go sit and stare at the temple. Who cares that it is 113 degrees Krispy Kreme is yummy. 



A high quality view of us and Temple. I love to see it. Don't you?



Flower Power is all it takes. I am a missionary and I love flowers. Even if they are a nasty shade of blue and are metal I still like them. 



So to be honest this picture was from last week but I forgot to send it. So here is a hike we went on. It was good and fun and long and warm and outside. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment