Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Tuesday, May 18, 2021

If you like crawfish I like you cause I do too.

Friends. Hello. I. Am. Elder. Slavens. Welcome. To. My. Weekly. Email. 


Another exciting week and we had transfers this week and it was raining a lot this week. That's life in Texas rainy and hot and lots of crawfish.


So we had transfers and nothing is changing. Elder Winder and I will be together another 6 weeks. Woo. Cheers to more fun, memories, and hard work. I'll cheers to that. We only have 4 Elders in our district so that is pretty exciting. That's how it was last transfer and it is interesting because they usually have 10 or more people so it's quiet in meetings but gets real fun. 


So this week let's hear what happened. If you are a true fan and remember one of my first emails in Arizona you will remember this but I was on a walk and was burying a bird when my phone slid out of my pocket and cracked so that day my phone and my bird looked dead. Well this week I got out of the car at a gas station to get a drink and boom dropped my phone. A lame way for it to go but the whole corner got messed up and now I can't see how much battery my phone has it's so cracked. Like it still works just a crack at the top and a crack at the bottom. Rip phone. 


We were at a members house and the daughter Avery walked up to me. She said, "Hey can you hold this". I put out my hand and she hands me her tooth. Her brother knocked out her tooth and she wanted me to see it. So cool! She said that she was going to get money from the tooth fairy and she would give me half. I said, "No, you don'y really need to do that, actually please just don't do this". Don't worry I won't take a girls tooth money. So that was exciting and unexpected. 


For lunch one day a few Elders said hey you wanna get some crawfish I said yes please. Wasn't my first time I ain't a rookie to the crawfish game so we got 8 pounds of crawfish. It was just 4 huge bags of dead cooked garlic cajun flavored craw things. It was tasty. You have to break the tail and the shell and suck out the inside of the fish an eat the little baby parts of meat on it. If you were to watch someone do it you may puke but while eating it's delicious! You should try it sometime. 


We got a text that we were getting a new car and by new they really meant new. We got a brand new 2021 Chevy something with 28 miles. Never been in such a new car. That missionary life you know. Kind of a lame addition and story for this email but I just wanted to tell you what happened this week. Welcome.


Umm also we are teaching about 6 people right now which is crazy and is so nice. This area is amazing. We just have a bunch of lessons and work every day. Also our mission just got permission to start street contacting again so just walking up to people on the street and talking to them. I only did that for a day and a half in Arizona and that was a year and a half ago so wish me luck. But excited for this week, it'll be a good one. But anywhoo love you miss you fans, friends and dogs. Yee haw and have a good ol week. 


Elder Slavens

Elder Tooth

Elder Crawfish


Romans 6:3-5 a goodie I read this week. Enjoy her. 


สัปดาห์นี้เพื่อนของผมถามว่าคุณต้องการตัดผมไหมผมบอกว่าเอ่อบางทีอาจจะตัดสินใจไม่น่าจะเป็นความคิดที่ดีแต่ถ้าใครรู้วิธีตัดผมและอยากให้สอนผมก็น่าจะดีนะ

This week my companion asked do you want to give me a haircut? I said uh maybe then decided no. Probably a good idea, but if anyone knows how to cut hair and wants to teach me that would be nice.




I got this fancy thing you chew and it's apparently suppose to make your jawline looked better. 

No clue if it works but I'll give you a review in a year. 



This was us at Buc-ee's the huge gas station. No joke if was very large. 30+ urinals a lot of gas things and 

lots of drinks. Best pit stop of my life!



Just 2 pound of crawfish. Didn't mean to brag or make you sad with this one but it was pretty tasty and 

you missed out for sure.  



One large zone. If you find me text me and say hey there you are. I'll give you a virtual high give and

 I'll virtually give you $3 in monopoly money. 



Happy Birthday Adavele. She is the wildest lady ever. We are teaching her with some Sisters and 

she just laughs at us. Don't worry I told her she was my best friend. 



This is Elder Minor. He left and I am sad. Truly a good entry in the Elder Slay sad day journal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment