Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Monday, May 24, 2021

The Elder that could be a veterinarian

Now this was a week. All other weeks are weeks but this was a WEEK. You know? Basically means it was a real good week. Wonderful for me. I love it. This week I hit my one month in Texas. Really crazy. My time here went really fast but at the same time it was very slow. Trying to readjust here was the slow part but every day goes by very quick. Our of nowhere its 9 and I'm like ok time to get ready for bed. That's one of my favorite parts of the day, sleeping. I love to sleep. I also love personal study. I just get to sit for an hour and study it's the best thing ever. I'm getting good at not using my phone. Man that thing is distracting but not anymore I'm a good boy. 


Ok want to hear why this week was good? I can tell you. I got some exciting stuff this week. But first what are we doing? Well we have been calling tons of random people getting lessons, we are teaching a lot of people so it was just a super busy week. We have lessons in person every day and then after the lesson since we can street contact we just talk to people in complexes and around on the street and my companion and I are talkers and are social people so we are pretty good at that. People just love to talk to us. 


Ok so story time. We had this lesson at this lady's house and it was a nice house but we went in and it was a crazy cigarette house. It smelled awful and there were drugs all over the table. All sorts of bad stuff and she and her friend met with us and told us a lot of struggles in their lives so it did end up being a super good lesson. It was very interesting though because she was acting weird and people kept knocking on the door and it was just all over the place but it was good. Later we got a called by a few people telling us that she is a con artist and does this to a bunch of different missionaries and churches and she is a drug dealer and every story she told us is fake. So we have no clue how true that is. We don't know what to believe but we are going to still try to meet but either over zoom or at a church to see if she is really interested and if this is something she wants or if she is trying to trick us. That was a plot twist to our week. 


We also got to visit this other family and the mom's son passed away so we got to eat dinner with her and cheer her up and at the end she asked us to give her a blessing. There were 4 of us and she picked me. Idk why but i've given so many priesthood blessings lately. Everyone that asks always asks me like I gave 3 this week. It's been so cool every time I have the chance to do this. The Spirit is real. The church is true.


Finally an amazing story. So we were leaving a lesson and I was driving home. I was going and thought I saw an animal then we drove over it. Like we didn't run it over it just went under the middle of the car. I pulled over and we jumped out and it was a little baby kitten in the middle of the street. We grabbed it and it was so small so stinky. We took it home washed him up with axe body wash gave it tuna and water and found it a home at one of our investigators house. We called a ton of people and either they said no because we hate cats or no we are allergic. I am also allergic to cats but apparently when they are little they are hypoallergenic so I didn't feel itchy so we good. We named the cat Tubi after a streaming service we heard about recently. He is a needed cat that won't stop meowing or following us. Glad we got rid of that but also sad. A bittersweet goodbye. 


So yeah see quite a good week. Thanks for coming and excited to see you again soon. Yee haw I love you sir. Enjoy your week in the Wild West. 


Elder Slavens

Elder Veteranatian

Elder Tubi


Mosiah 3:19 an all time goodie. I want to be a child again. Take me back. 


ผมยังไม่พบคน หนึ่งใน Texas ที่พูดอะไรใกล้ ภาษาไทยผมกำลังพยายามอย่างเต็มที่ หากใครรู้จักใครใน Pasadena Texas ที่พูดภาษาไทยได้โปรดแจ้งให้เราทราบขอบคุณ

I have not met one person yet in Texas that speaks anything near Thai. I am trying my best. If anyone knows anyone in Pasadena Texas that speaks Thai please let me know. Thanks



Our president gave us permission to go to a roller skating rink and while we couldn't skate 

we just went to talk to a member family and their nonmember friends while they were skating. 

Pretty fun we bonded with them quite a bit. 



Someone gave us a lot of otter pops so I said, "if you blend a lot together does it become a snow cone"? the answer is no it was just dark green, sticky, and gross. don't recommend. 


This should be something that everyone does. This is the new planking I call it DVDing. 

Like "oh after we eat this ice cream want to go DVD for a little bit"? Could be cool.



And here is our kitty Tubi. He smells like tuna and dirt and He is needy and jumps on me 

while I'm trying to study. Kinda unfortunate but at least he has a new home. 



Slay teaching English. Every Friday I have to stay up late to teach English. I am always tired 

but don't worry every time these people leave they know at least a few more words. 



No comments:

Post a Comment