Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Monday, May 10, 2021

the spy ninja in a white shirt and tie

YEE HAW 


Another week another nickel. The Slay is back. The man of the hour. The missionary that this email talks about. It's me, the Spy Ninja. 


What a week. I enjoy being a missionary, and I enjoy being a missionary even more when I can go outside. Kinda crazy right. Yeah being outside is much better than being locked inside for 300 days or something like that. Crazy times. Can't believe that happened to me. Good for me. 


Ok but outside life is nice. Idk if I said this last time but we cover a young single adult ward and a family ward so we have a lot of work to do. Our whole area has so many people that are not interested that have been taught before so we are now able reach out to them and see how they are doing or if they are interested now. It's a lot of calling people and knocking on random doors with often no response. Better than sitting inside. Also Facebook in this mission is crazy. Like we have so many people reaching out to us looking for help and messages because the mission has ads on Facebook. I don't really get it but it gets us more people to talk to so I am happy. 


Ok but this week lots to say. So I went on exchanges with this other elder and he was sick so I got sick and I got a sore throat and then it spread to a few others. But my throat was dead and then I got all congested then my ear like stopped working. It was all pressurized and couldn't equalize. Kinda confusing I said, "yeah can you stop"? My ear replied, "no". Well the mission nurse said go to urgent care so I got to go back to the doctor. It reminds me of when I broke my wrist but didn't know for 2 months and they said, "Yeah dawg your wrist is broken". Who knew you could break your wrist and not know. But the doctor just said get pills and you'll be fine. Kinda lame I thought I would have an ear infection or something cool but no just snot and phlegm and congestion. BOO. 


It was also my companion Elder Winders birthday this week. He is 19 such a little boy. But we got to go to this food drive and they gave us a big bag of raw onions so he said, "Eat that onion, I dare you". You know I'll do anything I'm dared. So I ate 5 bites of raw onion right there. This became the thing of the day. We carried them around and got maybe 24 missionaries to take bites out of raw onions. I probably had 3 or 4 whole onions by the time the day was over. They had to do it for Elder Winders birthday. One of the best days of my life. Peer pressure at its finest. But also don't worry people loved it. 


Finally, on Sunday we went to knock on this guys door. His name is Morris and lives in this janky janky janky apartment complex. Here tons of people just hang out outside in the complex. But there were these kids running around and they ran up to me and said, "Hey you look just like a spy ninja". I definitely took that as a compliment. They said, "But your friend, nope". Idk what makes me a spy ninja but it feels good to be recognized as something cool. I told them I would learn how to backflip and come back and teach them. I also gave them silly bands so they liked me. 


Well yeah see another crazy week. Tons and tons of missionary work and I love it. Also some good memories and now since I told you them you are also involved in my memories. Welcome. Well I hope you had and will have a good week. Thanks for tuning in. Till next time. 


Elder Slay

Elder Spy Ninja

Elder Raw Onion

Elder I Found A Toad This Week On The Ground And Tried To Scare People. I Guess People Here See Those A Lot And It Didn't Scare Anyone. It Just Peed On Me. That's All. 


Jeffery R Holland 

The ministry of Angels


We are reminded that not all angels are from the other side of the veil. Some of them we walk with and talk with—here, now, every day. Some of them reside in our own neighborhoods. Some of them gave birth to us, and in my case, one of them consented to marry me. Indeed heaven never seems closer than when we see the love of God manifested in the kindness and devotion of people so good and so pure that angelic is the only word that comes to mind.


Just read this talk. yee haw 


ดังนั้นพวกเขาจึงบอกว่าทุกอย่างใหญ่กว่าในเท็กซัส วันนี้ผมไปปั๊มน้ำมันที่ใหญ่ที่สุดในโลก  เรียกว่าบัคกี้และว้าวพวกเขาไม่ได้โกหก  เท็กซัสชอบของใหญ่

So they say everything is bigger in Texas. Today I went to the biggest gas station in the world. It's called Buccees and wow they didn't lie. Texas does like big stuff




Welcome to Elder Slay and Elder Wind are in a meeting with the mission and 

I decided to take a picture of us. Good for me.



This is me. This is when I was being told no you just can't hear because you are congested. boring. c'mon doc give me the bad news.


 


We went to this families house but they showed up an hour late with KFC 

so we talked to the husband about cars and cats for too long. They had 15 cats so we had s lot to talk about apparently. Also in allergic to cats so that was and A+ moment for me. 



We are friends. Meet Elder Slavens, meet Elder Maires, meet Elder Minor, meet Elder Winder. 

Now that you know us please  introduce yourself. Thanks. 



Happy birthday Elder Winder. Enjoy still being a teenager. Being an adult is so much cooler. 



I love family. Happy mother's day momma. Also the baby is Indie. She is almost 10 pounds 

so she's a little chunky and needs to cut off the carbs. Keto here she comes. 


OK this video is the beginning of the end of the onion game. This was bite 1 of maybe 9 in a day. 
                                                                Good work me!  

No comments:

Post a Comment