Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Monday, June 1, 2015

Confessions of a Hoarder

This week, man. It was crazy and life is good and my brain is mush. I think my brain is just permanently mush now 'cause of my mission. I can't think about how to word emails anymore I just kinda go for it and then I read them back afterward and it sounds like crap but I'm like whatever. Life is so hard.

This week we did service for a hoarder. I kid you not, I say hoarder and I mean hoarder. This is one of our investigators we've been seeing for a while, and we could never go visit her at her house because she was embarrassed about the condition of it. We said "Ah naw, don't even worry about it we got you" and she was like "Heck naw my house is gross" but we were all like "Too late here we come" and that's what's up. So we went over with a couple of guys from the ward and daaaaaaaang. It was not super pretty. This lady has like 7 indoor cats and 5 indoor dogs or something crazy like that and none of them are potty-trained so yeah. It reeked. But we got in there and took like 2 days and cleaned it all out and now it smells only a little bit not quite as bad ish. I dunno. It still smells. But we're working on it! The things we missionaries do, man. It's quite something.

We're working on finding new investigators in our YSA ward 'cause our teaching pool is the pits and nobody wants to progress. So we've been going around meeting all the members on the ward directory and asking them for referrals and that's going super well. We've got potentials coming out of our ears so we gotta hop on it and meet all these new people and see if they're down to learn about the gospel. I shall keep you updated.

So yeah that's my life. Take it easy everyone and NEVER FORGET WHO YOU ARE.

Elder Slavens

No comments:

Post a Comment