Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Sunday, November 6, 2016

Elder Slavens' Mission Email

Yes, Hello everyone. Thank you for tuning into another edition of the Elder Slavens Cambodia Phnom Penh mission email. I am so honored to have your presence as you read my experiences from throughout my week! I am so grateful to have friends like you. 

I was informed last week by an anonymous source that my emails are too focused on stories of drunk people, and not spiritual enough. Well, I don't want to be like that! Therefore, I will now be strictly spiritual in my emails! No more joke cracking from this guy! I hope you enjoy.

We had a great lesson with one of our investigators named Hour. We had great discussion. We learned about the law of chastity. I love the law of chastity! 

We also had a great lesson with our protestant investigators who are having relationship problems. Real feelings were shared and tears were let loose from their fleshy prison. That family is truly a family of spiritual giants! I love the spirit in those lessons! 

Another experience this week was of a lady who offered to buy us food because we volunteer in Cambodia. It is very backwards for people her to offer us food, usually they ask us for food or money. 

In a meeting this week, I was honored to share about repentance to a big group of missionaries. But I must admit, in the lesson I may have slipped up and told a couple jokes. So I would like to publicly apologize to all of you now. 

I would also like to tell you about our Halloween party where I dressed up like an old Cambodian woman and Elder Osborne dressed up like an old Japanese man, but that's not spiritually uplifting, is it?

I'd love to tell you about how the word "Troll", like internet trolling, is also a word in Cambodian, but I can't. Obviously that won't help you all. 

How are you supposed to feel the spirit if I were to tell you a story about our neighbor getting into a bloody verbal battle with our other neighbors! Contention doesn't invite the Spirit! It only pushes the Spirit away! What I can share though was that as she yelled, her voice was as the sound of thunder and it made all of her enemies shake and tremble. Those are scriptural terms, therefore I may use them. Maybe even a scriptural reference? 1 Samuel 14:15

I could possibly tell you about how I saw a homeless man wearing a Mormon Helping Hands yellow vest, but if I were to tell you about that, then I would only be endorsing stealing from the church. And that's not right! NO SPIRIT! 

I CAN tell you about all the revelation I received one night as I was trying to sleep, but it all had to do with my home coming talk, and I don't want to ruin that for you. And also I might make changes to it, and if I put what I thought of down here, and I get up and give my talk and it is different than what I wrote here because I edited it, then that will make me a liar, and that is INSTANT no Spirit! So I will actually not share it. 

Hey! Did I ever tell you that if you kick a chicken it flies and screeches just like in the Legend of Zelda? Hahahahha it's so funny! I really like... Oh, sorry. I lost the Spirit. 

Do you want to hear about our meeting on Sunday? We took a bus to the city with all of our members for a big conference. One of our members doesn't have legs, so I had to lift her into and off the bus. But I shouldn't tell you that because she is a woman and I am a boy. Also, after the conference, the Elders hosted a testimony sharing activity at the church! I finally did it! I put on an activity that was centered around a spiritual message! But I am sorry to admit that we played games and ate snacks too... I'm really sorry. please forgive me. It was just so fun. And I am not here to have fun. I am sorry.

Also as I went to the bathroom an impatient lady couldn't wait for me, so she squatted right there and went. It was awesome. I share this as an example of what not to do. Patience is a virtue. 

Well, that is all I have to share today! I hope you enjoyed it!

Sincerely, 
Elder Dallin J Slavens

Shall we not go forth in such great a cause? Hurrah for Israel! 

PS Thank you so much to Troy MacDonald for always encouraging me and sending me uplifting letters and emails of encouragement! I love you! 

I have no pictures this week because I left my camera on the bus we took and because this is Cambodia it is gone forever. So an Elder who is finishing his mission offered me his camera to use as I finish up my mission. But I do have pictures from Elder Osborne's week, which I spent a day with him in his area. I hope you enjoy :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment