Dear Elder Slavens

Dear Elder Slavens
Elder Trenton J Slavens
Thailand, Bangkok/Arizona, Gilbert/
Texas Houston East
Elder Dallin J Slavens Cambodia, Phnom Penh
Elder Chancellor J Slavens Idaho, Twin Falls

Wednesday, June 17, 2020

as the human torch once said, "flame on"

Hello my fans. I'm back and let me just tell you, life with a cast is kinda the worst. I do not recommend this to anyone. Showering sucks. So many people laugh when I say I fell off a bike.  It's itchy, it's very sweaty, but at least it looks cool. But showering is truly so awful. I bought this bag thing I wear over my cast and it smells like rubber and hurts to put on and take off. I can't wash either of my arms really because one is in a bag and you can't really wash your left arm with your left arm. Tricky stuff.

This week I hit 92 days in Quarantine. Surprisingly, I haven't been that bored or sick of it yet. Well, until this week. We do the same exact thing every single day. It's madness. It's really fun and I am learning so much but 92 days inside ain't fun for most people I would assume. There have been a few ways I have really kept myself amused. I watch random videos in Thai. I can't understand them but It's still fun. I also journal, but I now have a cast so I type instead. We also eat a lot. This week a member family brought us dinner and brought some gravy with it. It was yummy gravy. We then left this normal cup of gravy out for maybe 5 days. It smelled pretty good for maybe 2 days. Then something changed in the gravy. Our whole house soon smelled like gravy and slowly began to smell like poop. It felt like we were surrounded by poop in the air. It was awful. Still not sure why we didn't throw it away. It just sat on our table rotting. We finally threw it away but I still randomly am sitting on the couch and get a little scent of gravy. It's haunting me. 

One night we went on a mighty walk. On the way back we were walking by our apartment complex and saw something move on the floor. At first I assumed it was a scary rat. Nope. We looked and it was 6 baby kittens living in a gutter pipe. We walked closer to them then they walked to us. We put our hand out and then they just kept hissing. I don't think they liked humans. They only like darkness and smelly gutter pipes. We visited them for a few days. We left some tuna and water for our babies. We were so exited for our children to become huge lions. But our teenagers got sick of home and ran away. Teenagers always have to be so sassy don't they? I just don't get it. Parenting is so hard.

Besides that, it's been the exact same all week. Tons of lessons with members and tons of studying. I can't bike so we can't even really leave the house anymore. We go on little walks but walks get boring. So instead we just sit inside. It's the best. It's hard but so rewarding. I have seen so many blessings come from working hard and staying positive. 

On a spiritual note I lost my speaker this week. It was so sad. I said a prayer and woke up and it was at my feet on my bed. Confused how it got there. I guess God does answer prayers after all. 

Enjoy life. And it was Dallin's (brother of mine) birthday this week. He turned some age above 21. I'm so proud of him. Oh, also caption was something I randomly thought of during my studies. Yeah. Bye everyone. Corona sucks but God doesn't. 

Elder Slavens
Elder Gravy
Elder Kitty Carer

Mosiah 2:22 Very good, I posted this on my Facebook story. It's that good. 

กาลครั้งหนึ่งนานมาแล้วมีเด็กชายคนหนึ่งชื่อฆ่าและเขาข้อมือของเขาจนจบ
Once upon a time there was a boy named slay and he broke his wrist the end.


When we went on a walk and just sat and stared at the pool. If only. Sad.


Us and our kitty children. So little, so kind. But that can change any moment and your children will steal your heart and run away. Be careful fellow parents.


These photos were a recreated photo of my "Dad" when he was little. They said to find a picture of your Dad so I stalked my Momma and found this. It's my Uncle Jeff but oh well. Nobody knows that. 


When your zone has to wake up at 4:20 to go on a sunrise hike and you miss the sunrise. At least 4:20 was fun. 


Say Hello to my fancy arm. It's still pink. It says, "Myth Busted". If you are really interested follow Trenton Slavens on Facebook and find out for yourself. It's a good video. 

No comments:

Post a Comment